If Ricky comes back, would those who will not forgive him stop being Dolphin fans? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ricky comes back, would those who will not forgive him stop being Dolphin fans?

Fans are like the battered house wife that always forgives the a-hole husband. It really doesn't matter what a team does to them, they'll always take it and come back for more...

That being said, I guess I can include myself in the above description....Would I like it at first, NO...but if he were to come back, rush for 1,900 yards, and lead this team to the promised land would I forgive him....HECK YEAH!!!

fishypete said:
I've been a Dolphin fan since 1968....long before Wayne and Saban....and I'll remain a Dolphin fan....but I sure won't support Waynes pocket book IF they bring back that nut job. NO Going to games....NO buying gear....NOTHING.

Then you might as well not be a fan.

I'm still a Fins fan even though they canned one of my favorite players Brian Griese (who incidentally is the son of my 2nd favorite player Bob Griese) So I'll definitely still be a Fins Fan when (if?) Ricky returns

I will always be a Dolphin fan. Nothing will change that. It doesn't matter who coaches the team (obviously), nor does it matter who runs the FO, or plays for the team. I love my Dolphins!

SkapePhin said:
Not even watch games? Thats a little drastic dont you think? You are letting one man ruin the joy you get out of Dolphins football and the support you give for the 50+ other guys on the team?

Well I did say that I would pull for the guys. What joy are you speaking of? There would be no joy in it for me if he returned. How can I pull for someone who betrayed my trust? How can I celebrate the accomplishments of someone I dislike?

poornate said:
Well I did say that I would pull for the guys. What joy are you speaking of? There would be no joy in it for me if he returned. How can I pull for someone who betrayed my trust? How can I celebrate the accomplishments of someone I dislike?

How about the accomplishments of the team as a whole? I dont think Ricky would be responsible for every single positive play during the season.

I cannot enjoy the Dolphins when every offensive play can deliver conflicting feelings. I'm sorry. I will ull for the team, but watching would not interest me. Make no mistake....I have Ricky's autograph on my wall. I appreciate what he did in the uniform even if he no longer deserves to wear it. Which he doesn't.

Ricky is not the Miami Dolphins. Any true Dolphin fan would continue to be loyal to the team and support them.

First of all we are dolphin fans!!! this team means alot more to my life than does RW, even though i dont like him, if he comes back i would wish him the best, but nobody can ever stop me from loving my PHINS GET THAT STAIGHT!

armyfinfan said:
Ricky is not the Miami Dolphins. Any true Dolphin fan would continue to be loyal to the team and support them.

You obviously did not read ANYTHING I wrote so I will reiterate. I WILL support the team and remain loyal. Just not with my paying to get D-TV to see their games. Not with my dollars going to tickets. Not that I will change alleigances. You see once Ricky is gone again....I will still be here. I am not fair weather. I just never WANT to feel anything but sheer joy......

If you are a fan of the team then the name on the jersey does not matter. It will be a lot easier to watch if Ricky was back to form and rushing for 1500. I think we would all forgive him.

If Ricky comes back, and YOU stop being a Fan...YOU WERE NEVER REALLY A TRUE FAN!!! PERIOD! Cause I was mad at him, but if he comes back, I'm gonna scream RUN, RICKY, RUN!!!!

Heck I supported the team when that scum bag Cris Carter became a Dolphin.

I can surely deal with Sir-smokes-a-lot.

Back
Top Bottom