If Ricky comes back, would those who will not forgive him stop being Dolphin fans? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ricky comes back, would those who will not forgive him stop being Dolphin fans?

I could see myself not watching pro football for a while. I could never root for another team and I would feel conflicted enough (if he was a major part) that it would detract from my enjoyment of watching the team.

I think we as fans of the Miami Dolphins are fans of the Miami Dolphins. Who cares who's on team as long as we win period. I am all for Ricky Williams return he was a damn great back for us and he will be again. I can care less what he does outside of football. We need a RB and he is a RB. He will do wonders for this team you know and I know this is true. Can't wait for his return. Also, pick-up a rook in the draft for a back-up plan (RW, Gordon, Rookie RB). That will be a hell of a back field. Running down every defenses throats we face this year!! Wouldn't that be great? I want our Dolphins to average 140 yards a game rushing!! With 250-300 yards passing!! 31 points per game. Allowing only 17 per game. We need this now if we want to be Super Bowl Contenders in 2006!! I say we make the playoffs this year if we add him. IMO.

rafael said:
I could see myself not watching pro football for a while. I could never root for another team and I would feel conflicted enough (if he was a major part) that it would detract from my enjoyment of watching the team.

This is exactly what I am saying. I think that the fact is that free agency has made all the younger guys look only at the logo. I have been a fan since I was 7 years old. The team is WHO is in the uniform as well as the logo. If I wrapped a turd up in a Hershey paper that doesn't make it a chocolate bar...

It wouldn't matter to me whether Ricky was on the team or not, I'll always be a Dolphins fan. If he does come back hopefully some of the fair weather fans will leave for good.

finsfan4life said:
It wouldn't matter to me whether Ricky was on the team or not, I'll always be a Dolphins fan. If he does come back hopefully some of the fair weather fans will leave for good.

Whom are you refering to? If you are aiming at me put your gun down and please bother to read a few of the posts in this thread. Fair weather my a**.

My point is this. Last season was tough to sit through. I watched every minute of every game. Most Dolphins fans haven't seen a season like it unless you've been around for 40 years with the team.

If Ricky had offered to come back in week 12 or whenever and turned it into a more respectable season, I would have voted no as well. I don't want a cancer on the team I love. Bottom line.

poornate said:
This is exactly what I am saying. I think that the fact is that free agency has made all the younger guys look only at the logo. I have been a fan since I was 7 years old. The team is WHO is in the uniform as well as the logo. If I wrapped a turd up in a Hershey paper that doesn't make it a chocolate bar...

I do kind of miss the days when a player was associated with a team for most of his career. As for the team, I don't care if the players suck as long as they try. Lack of effort or sportsmanship are the only things I would ever boo. RW admiitted he didn't try his last year. He also admitted he didn't try in NO after Ditka left. Then he quit and specifically said he didn't care how it affected his teammates. I just don't have any respect for a player like that.

poornate said:
My point is this. Last season was tough to sit through. I watched every minute of every game. Most Dolphins fans haven't seen a season like it unless you've been around for 40 years with the team.

If Ricky had offered to come back in week 12 or whenever and turned it into a more respectable season, I would have voted no as well. I don't want a cancer on the team I love. Bottom line.

I hear ya Poornate.. I don't totally agree with you but I certainly understand your POV.

All I am saying is that you shouldnt let other people dictate your life.. If watching Dolphins football on Sundays brings you great joy, dont let the appearance of a person you do not like on your team stop you from continuing that thing which you truly enjoy.

Unless Hitler was resurrected from the dead and came back to coach the Dolphins, I cant think of anything that would keep me from enjoying a nice day of Dolphins football.

I support all who wear the uniform. It will take some time but if his heart is in it, the forgiveness will come. Players come and go...The Fins will live forever!!!

SkapePhin said:
Just wondering how it would work.. I dont know if I could continue supporting a team if I loathed one of the main players on it..

So guys, if you hate Ricky, how would you view the team and your fandom if he comes back and plays for the Dolphins?

Players come and go, and my bet is that he comes and goes in no more than a year, if he comes at all. I have never ever booed a Miami player in all my years as a fan, but I'm going to boo him repetedly, and thruout, during TD's, fumbles, everytime I see his number go by. My hate stems on the field, and does not branch out in to his personal life. He disses the Miami Dolphins last year, so F$%% him.

Yep, Saban won't listen to the likes of myself, but I'm going to piss and moan about it all I want.

Ricky has a lot of esplainin to do. I want to hear a heartfelt appology, and I want his urine tested every hour, not just for dope, but for the meds he is supposed to take. His appology better not include lame excuses about being overused either. He left because he was facing public ridicule, and suspension from the league. If he can admit things like they really happened then I'll see, but this fan, and long long time season ticket holder wants nothing to do with #34 at this time.

Back
Top Bottom