If Ricky retired pre-draft what would the FO... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ricky retired pre-draft what would the FO...

JJ777

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If Ricky retired pre-draft instead of last minute what do you think the FO would have done?

Would we have drafted a RB early? Would we have made a stronger trade offer with Ogun to Indy or Minn? Was there any UFA out there Miami would have gone after?

no way IMO this year was pathetic for RB's. I think we would have gone Dillion. I think that guy has a lot left in the tank and waited another year to draft a young buck. This was a lame year for RB's who's coming through next year?

btw I have a lot of faith in Minor. He's shown some great flashes, I think he'll do well. THe ONLY question about his ability I have is whether or not he can take the ball every down. Either way this should be an interesting season.

Maybe Konrad will actually get to run with the ball now a little more in short yardage situations more in the Alstott mold.

JJ777 said:
Maybe Konrad will actually get to run with the ball now a little more in short yardage situations more in the Alstott mold.

see, this isn't a terrible thing. We have minor who has shown flashes, we have what's his butt from NFLE that TORE it up who will get a shot now and I have ALWAYS loved Konrad. You saw how RIcky struggled last year when he was gone then once he got back Ricky was rolling well again. Konrad has hands, not great speed but he's an ox. I want to see him utilized again. SOmething that didn't happen when Ricky was here.

Ricky will be SORELY missed, but we have a LOT of ups this year. Boston and Feeley sould fit in great, and we have backup HB's for a reason. Yes their "backups" but their not called "camp fodder" for a reason.

IF he had done it pre-draft, we'd have another Dread-Locked demon in Stephen Jackson...stupid Cowboys passing on him...

Phinzone said:
no way IMO this year was pathetic for RB's. I think we would have gone Dillion. I think that guy has a lot left in the tank and waited another year to draft a young buck. This was a lame year for RB's who's coming through next year?

btw I have a lot of faith in Minor. He's shown some great flashes, I think he'll do well. THe ONLY question about his ability I have is whether or not he can take the ball every down. Either way this should be an interesting season.
I completely dissagree. Jones and Jackson will be studs IMO. The only reason they got taken so low was beacause teams now devalue RBs in the draft. They feel thay can find the in the mid to lower rounds.

But I agree on Minor, I think we'll be ok with him and Henry.

AggieFin21 said:
IF he had done it pre-draft, we'd have another Dread-Locked demon in Stephen Jackson...stupid Cowboys passing on him...
I agree tht the Cowboys were stupid... VERY STUPID! Steven would of made them contenders for years to come IMO. But i dont kno we would of went tht route. Are we forgetting what our O-Line would of looked like without Vernon. Itd b very bad, we need his in the worst way. Also, considering we didnt have a second all of the quality linemen were gone. Wanny has faith in our RB's, but i cant say the same for O-Line....heres a scenario tho....

He tells us early like a professional(seems so EZ doesnt it:shakeno: ). Then we get John Tait or Damien Woody. Our line is better now, then we draft Steven Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom