If Rosen progresses trade the 1st pick for a ransom | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Rosen progresses trade the 1st pick for a ransom

Matt Ryan, Roethlisberger, Wentz, Joe Flacco - probably the only ones I can think of that didn't really play with any NFL talent around them in college.

What he said was that he can't properly judge a quarterback with other NFL talent around him. Which may be true. He may not be able to properly judge one period for all we know.

But to say Tua may be a bust because he has talent around him is a ridiculous angle to take. There's not many successful quarterbacks in the NFL that didn't play with NFL talent around them in college...

...except for Matt Ryan at Boston College :lol:

I don’t understand that angle either. Best argument I can see is maybe tight window throws at the pro level due to the arm.

Maybe the talent level hides that somewhat he plays with in college I don’t know. But it’s not a deterrent in me sprinting up that card either way.

Rpo and west coast based offense here we come

Matt Ryan, Roethlisberger, Wentz, Joe Flacco - probably the only ones I can think of that didn't really play with any NFL talent around them in college.

Well they didnt pay against much NFL talent either at those respective schools. Ryan did. The others didnt.

I see top 5 qb stuff all the time. I just can’t get down with it

I do think compared to other top 5 qb his accuracy is wishy washy, his processing is not as good as a Phillip Rivers, but pocket escapability, pocket feel combined with his love of making tight window throws offsets his flaws.

Well they didnt pay against much NFL talent either at those respective schools. Ryan did. The others didnt.

Exactly. I preached that on a daily basis when Matt Ryan was coming out.

All the doubters ever pointed to was the 19 interceptions he threw.

I don’t understand that angle either. Best argument I can see is maybe tight window throws at the pro level due to the arm.

Maybe the talent level hides that somewhat he plays with in college I don’t know. But it’s not a deterrent in me sprinting up that card either way.

Can you imagine what the reaction would be if we took all three Bama receivers in the first round? It would be mass outrage. Granted it would be justified. These people around here think just because Bama has three good wide receivers (I guess four with waddle haha)that it easy going at Alabama but if we gave Rosen those three receivers it would be mass outrage because that's not how a good offense is built.

OC
QB
Oline.

That hows it works in the NFL and College. Skilled players are an added bonus.

Exactly. I preached that on a daily basis when Matt Ryan was coming out.

All the doubters ever pointed to was the 19 interceptions he threw.

That team should have dumped the head coach and gm two years ago.

They are two years late. But if they aren’t the first pairing fired they won’t be far behind.

Can you imagine what the reaction would be if we took all three Bama receivers in the first round? It would be mass outrage. Granted it would be justified. These people around here think just because Bama has three good wide receivers that it easy going at Alabama but if we gave Rosen those three receivers it would be mass outrage because that's not how a good offense is built.

OC
QB
Oline.

That hows it works in the NFL and College. Skilled players are an added bonus.

They got 4 pro WRs. That #6 is a pro too and likely gonna be a value pick for someone

That's exactly it! You need a Qb that can handle a little pressure and still perform. It's too hard in this league to make a super perfect team at all levels to accompadate that player.
The QB has to be able to step-up.
Rosen hasn't and I don't think has that next level to his game.
He may at some future point but he doesn't have it now.
Dolphins is bad.. if rosen was on last 5 yr team it difference. But we our terrible. I dont wish this on no qb that is trying show front office how good he could be. Pls cut 21, he cannot cover nobody. No pass rush, we that cannot caught. When ball is in his hand. No running games at all.

I do think compared to other top 5 qb his accuracy is wishy washy, his processing is not as good as a Phillip Rivers, but pocket escapability, pocket feel combined with his love of making tight window throws offsets his flaws.

Outside of ertz his skill players are a little overrated and that’s probably because of Carson but it could also be because of pedersons schemes. So I guess I could give you the elevates those around him thing with wentz

I think that system is perfect for him.

In my mind being surrounded with talent definitely makes the evaluation a little tougher,you gotta really take a projection based approach with those guys. Speed at wr along with playing weaker talent can definitely drive up production stats.

I think that system is perfect for him.

In my mind being surrounded with talent definitely makes the evaluation a little tougher,you gotta really take a projection based approach with those guys. Speed at wr along with playing weaker talent can definitely drive up production stats.

Yeah but the counter is that top shelf ball placement on repeat.

Outside of ertz his skill players are a little overrated and that’s probably because of Carson but it could also be because of pedersons schemes. So I guess I could give you the elevates those around him thing with wentz
^^^^^^^

I been said that, I never understood the top 3 wr corp claims, that OL is legit tho, we need to start scouting rugby leagues for our own Jordan Mailata lol.

Yeah but the counter is that top shelf ball placement on repeat.

Exactly. These WRs arent 6'5. All are 6'1 and under. He's not throwing jump balls to physically imposing WRs. Your average QB isnt coming in here and setting historical records just because of these WRs. The WRs are damn good but to get the most out of them you have to have a QB is what I am saying.

Back
Top Bottom