If Saban leaves, who are the choices....? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Saban leaves, who are the choices....?

I Know he said he was staying, but if Nick does go, Wayne should jump on this guy, IMO. He was just let go by Atlanta. He is a good coach, he's young, smart, and might be able to bring Matt Schaub with him. Any thoughts.......?

No.

I like Jim More, Jr. He would be on top of my wish list if Saban leaves. Other guys I'd like is Jim Bates or Petrino (Louisville).

I believe Saban will leave....so if he does....I hope the Dolphins find a young headcoah and a smart G.M. like they did in the early 70's....enough of finding headcoach's that aren't worth a hoot and don't want to stay more than 3-4 years. And enough of letting the headcoach choose the players....take that away from the coach and let a real G.M. do that part.

Well guys, I didn't see this name, but after the job he has done this year calling plays in Philly, Marty Mornhinweg. Yeah I know he wasn't very good in Detroit, but with Millen as GM, no one will win in Detroit!

BUT I WILL SAY AGAIN!!! SABAN IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!

1 super bowl in what 14 years?..yea, hes not overrated....if hewasnt so buddy buddy with ownership he wouldve been gone a long time ago

He's not overrated. He's made the playoffs and done well in the playoffs more times then any coach on the Dolphins Jimmy Johnson took over. Last year he won the Super Bowl and two years ago his team went 15-1 with a rookie QB. He went to the AFC Championship with Kordell Stuart, so what does that say? He's a good coach and i would love to have him if Saban were to bail out on us. I like Saban but this whole Alabama thing would have stopped if he wanted to. He says he's not interested to the press yet his agents are apprently still in contact with Bama? He needs to commit to this team 100% or not commit at all.

you dont think that right now saban is in this group? especially if he leaves

he's getting closer. Carrol took a SB team and in 3 years pretty much destroyed it. He also had a lot more time in as an NFL assistant. So, Carrol had a lot more time to prove that he couldnt cut it as an NFL head coach.
However, he got fired...he didnt quit.

IF Saban quits then yeah...the lack of dedication in addition to his NFL record pretty much would put him right there in the middle of that group.

He's not overrated. He's made the playoffs and done well in the playoffs more times then any coach on the Dolphins Jimmy Johnson took over. Last year he one the Super Bowl and two years ago his team went 15-1 with a rookie QB. He went to the AFC Championship with Kordell Stuart, so what does that say? He's a good coach and i would love to have him if Saban were to bail out on us. I like Saban but this whole Alabama thing would have stopped if he wanted to. He says he's not interested to the press yet his agents are apprently still in contact with Bama? He needs to commit to this team 100% or not commit at all.

again, im tired of being successful in the playoffs and NOT winning a SB....1 SB win in 14 years is not a good thing. I want someone who will get results. He obviously cant do that.

again, im tired of being successful in the playoffs and NOT winning a SB....1 SB win in 14 years is not a good thing. I want someone who will get results. He obviously cant do that.

Give me a break. There are 32 NFL teams and only 1 super bowl winner a year. 1 super bowl/14 years is well above average.

Give me a break. There are 32 NFL teams and only 1 super bowl winner a year. 1 super bowl/14 years is well above average.

like i said before...if he wasnt so buddy buddy with ownership he wouldve been fired awhile ago

Jim Mora I would take anyday, but he needs to start rebuiding so he does not have to waste his style on players that would not respond to that style. He woule be great coaching a team with heart.

I'm tired of not getting to the playoffs year after year and even if we do get in were out after the 1st round. Let's get a coach that can get us to the playoffs and succeed before we start talking Super Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom