If Saban Makes A Trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Saban Makes A Trade

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Dolfans

If Coach Saban makes a trade with either TB & or Minny, I feel it's because he has no true conviction on any of the top players and would rather treat this draft as a way to stock pile players at many positions rather then have a player that "might" be a blue chipper.

Looking at the many trade senarios that are out their I fully believe that if Miami makes the deal with Tampa it will follow that trade with minny, the Vikings need either Williams or Edwards.

I also think Miami's interest is best served by having Tampa add next years #1 in any trade, perhaps TB's '05 # 1(5)-#3(71)-& '06's #1

Then trading #5 to Minnesota for their #7-& #2(49)

Aswell dealing Surtain to KC for their #3(99) and a conditional '06 pick
depending on Surtain's performance it goes from a #2 to a possibale #1.

That leaves Miami with 5 picks in the first 3rnds
Round # 1- (7)
Round # 2-(49)
Round # 3-(70)/(71)/(99)

Leaving Saban the ability to select 5 very good players at 5 postions of need
RB-OL-S-CB-WR

Kansas City cannot trade their 3rd. It is a compensatory pick. They have to give us either a 2nd now, or a second-day pick this year and a 2nd next year.

If Coach Saban makes a trade with either TB & or Minny, I feel it's because he has no true conviction on any of the top players and would rather treat this draft as a way to stock pile players at many positions rather then have a player that "might" be a blue chipper.

I think Saban knows more about the players in this draft then any veteran GM or HC. As for conviction, I think he has exactly what he needs to draft for succsess no matter where that is. I think the fact that BB thought enough of Saban to ask his opinion on who,where and when to draft players is all I need to just sit back and enjoy the show. The difference this year is I won't worry about who we draft like years past.

You all are so into next years draft. Nick came in to rebuild this team now, not a year from now. He wants these players to develop for the latest next year. Maybe a first next year is worth it, but seriously, we need the picks now, not next year. We aren't rebuilding for 5 years, we are rebuilding now.

Back
Top Bottom