If Saban wants to trade down......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Saban wants to trade down.........

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
then what in your right mind thinks he is thinking Ronnie Brown????? You hear these reports about how Saban likes Ronnie Brown yadda yadda yadda and you people buy it hook line and sinker. First off, Saban is playing the media in case you havent heard or have been ignoring the truth for your feeble, salivating minds. Ronnie Brown is not a guy who makes people miss. Ronnie Brown is an athletic bull who runs straight at you and nothing more. If you want to play "WAD Ball" then i think Ronnie Brown is your guy. Benson at least has a couple more moves but I dont even think Saban has him in mind at all for the intangible reasons.

finfan54 said:
then what in your right mind thinks he is thinking Ronnie Brown????? You hear these reports about how Saban likes Ronnie Brown yadda yadda yadda and you people buy it hook line and sinker. First off, Saban is playing the media in case you havent heard or have been ignoring the truth for your feeble, salivating minds. Ronnie Brown is not a guy who makes people miss. Ronnie Brown is an athletic bull who runs straight at you and nothing more. If you want to play "WAD Ball" then i think Ronnie Brown is your guy. Benson at least has a couple more moves but I dont even think Saban has him in mind at all for the intangible reasons.
Saban is not letting on... no one has a clue.

What do you think he is thinking?

Personally, I think Ronnie is the best option for us along with Mike Williams, those two guys will help our offense the most. However, I think that Saban is thinking about Ronnie and Alex Smith, just my opinion.

finfan54 said:

noone thinks that we are trading down and still hoping to pick up ronnie brown. i don't think too many people have said that saban's in love with brown either, it has just been the popular opinion in people's mock drafts that if we can't trade down from the #2 that we will take ronnie brown and i must say he would be my choice at #2 if we can't trade out of it.

I've been sold on Brown since day one. I want him so much that it hurts :(

if we stay at #2 i don't see saban selecting brown. much as i'd love him on the team i don't think he represents enough value at that spot long term, and i think saban has been listening to me... ;)

I hope we pick Caddy. He is like Curtis Martin, he will have the best career out of all the 3 backs. Although I hope that we can trade down from 2, to in the top 10 or just out of it say 11 or 12, no lower than that and still pick up one of the big 3.

he might be planning on trading down some spots to pick up more picks and then select Cadillac

I have changed my mind about Brown and have gone over to the Caddy bandwagon. With that being said the Dolphins better pick Brown, caus my past history of thinking a player was going to be a superstar would be the all bust team.

Dolfan2788 said:
I hope we pick Caddy. He is like Curtis Martin, he will have the best career out of all the 3 backs. Although I hope that we can trade down from 2, to in the top 10 or just out of it say 11 or 12, no lower than that and still pick up one of the big 3.

I hate to say it, but I dont think he is thinking Caddy either if we trade down. I think he is thiking more about poeple like Ciatrik Fason (sp?) and many other RB's who will be later in the draft.

Marino2Clayton said:
It is obvious that finfan has never seen Ronnie Brown play a down of college football.

Compared to Caddy he's right. Caddy makes people miss better than Brown or Benson.

finfan54 said:
I hate to say it, but I dont think he is thinking Caddy either if we trade down. I think he is thiking more about poeple like Ciatrik Fason (sp?) and many other RB's who will be later in the draft.

There's no real indication to him thinking Fason or other RB's. He said he will pick the BPA and that is pretty much it. Ronnie and Caddy have had a private workout and meetings with Saban over 4 days from March 28-April 4, apart from them I only know of Frank Gore who has had a private workout with us which was yesterday. Also Caddy had a great combine and Fason had one of the poorest showsings at a pro day apart from clarett at the combine.

Marino2Clayton said:
It is obvious that finfan has never seen Ronnie Brown play a down of college football.

i watched him in the bowl game. He is a good RB. I have never put him down. What I am saying is that you people are making him out to be great and that really has not been proven. We all know what kind of RB he is. My main point is that Saban cannot really be thinking Ronnie Brown if his first choice is to trade down and get other people. Its not brain surgeory.

Dolfan2788 said:
There's no real indication to him thinking Fason or other RB's. He said he will pick the BPA and that is pretty much it. Ronnie and Caddy have had a private workout and meetings with Saban over 4 days from March 28-April 4, apart from them I only know of Frank Gore who has had a private workout with us which was yesterday. Also Caddy had a great combine and Fason had one of the poorest showsings at a pro day apart from clarett at the combine.

He checked out other RB's ya know. There are many other RB's out there that fit the style he likes in his RB's. Saban is looking for draft picks and value. That means he does not see enough deviation between Ronnie Brown and others to stay at #2 and take a Ronnie Brown or say getting more draft picks and taking say, Barron at #11, and getting your RB in the second round. I am saying, you people are pinning way to much on this guy when he is a straight ahead runner.

Back
Top Bottom