If SF stays at #1 and Minnesota gives us the same deal.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If SF stays at #1 and Minnesota gives us the same deal....

hweitz14

Practice Squad
Reaction score
they were offering to the Niners...how about this mock......

#7 Derrick Johnson
#18 Mark Clayton
#49 David Baas
#70 Adrian McPherson

hweitz14 said:

#7 Derrick Johnson
#18 Mark Clayton
#49 David Baas
#70 Adrian McPherson

You best make sure in 3 years, that whatever team grabs Carnell would take those 4 players for carnell, because if not, you got your question answered for you!

I would take whowever is left in this order @ #7: C. Williams, M. Williams, Edwards, Brown, Smith, Benson, Rolle.

Then I'd wouldn't mind the rest of your picks.

I agree, mark clayton and david baas, Im in total agreement, but the likely hood of getting those guys at that those projected picks are SLIM. But, if we got those fellas, I'd be happy, but we could trade down from 7, to 15 and still grab DJ, thats way to much for him. maybe swap clayton and johnson, then that would be better. Baas, long stretch that low. could happen, but doubt it. mcPherson, wait until the 5th. baas, would be the one in 3 years, you could trade for Carnell possibly. Both the premier players at their respective positions.

Replace Clayton with Carnell if he falls down that much.

Will you people drop the Derrick Johnson crap! We DO NOT NEED a LB no matter where we pick in the top of the first. Besides, some pro scouts "still are waiting to see him shed a block on film", and want more tape than just the games shown on ESPN. Merriman is better than DJ!!

I don't believe there is a Minnesota deal. Haven't heard it from reputable sources yet.

My Mock Draft (Trades Not Shown)
1stRound-Ronnie Brown HB Auburn
2ndRound-Brodney Pool S Oklahoma
2ndRound-David Baas C/G Michigan
3rdRound-Adrian McPherson QB Florida State
3rdRound-Courtney Roby WR Indiana
4thRound-Atiyyah Ellison DT Missouri
5thRound-Travis Daniels CB LSU
5thRound-Derek Wake OLB Penn State
7thRound-Matt Payne P B.Y.U.

i like your mock
like mine in my sig?????

hweitz14 said:

#7 Derrick Johnson
#18 Mark Clayton
#49 David Baas
#70 Adrian McPherson

Derrick Johnson at #7 is a reach in my opinion.

#7 - Caddy, RB, Auburn
#18 - Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin or David Pollack, DE, Georgia
#49 - Josh Bullocks, S, Nebraska or Luis Castillo, DT, Northwestern
#70 - Corey Webster, CB, LSU

Get a Q.B. in the 4th or with that third I am spending on Webster. I'd prefer Walter and or Greene over McPherson everyday of the week.

The surprising thing I am finding is how many different opinions we all have. Some people want to go all offense and some people (like myself) want to go heavy on defense...all I know is it will be exciting.

If we sit at 7 you have to get a RB, I think there may still be two of them on the board. If its between Caddy and Benson I'll take Caddy, at 18 Troy Williamson/Mark Clayton/Thomas Davis would be my choices(w/ Spears as a possibility). With the 2nd Either Baas or a guy everyone has forgotten about in Elton Brown. With the 3rd I am a McPhearson fan but he will go higher than this and I am leaning more towards a guy like Andrew Walters or David Greene

I would take Alex Barron at #7, and Matt Jones at #18. If we get a 2nd rounder for Surtain, I'd use it to take the highest RB we have on our draft board, unless there has been a run on the RBs leaving the position pretty picked over. I'm thinking along the lines of guys like Barber, Fason, and Morency. 2nd round seems to be a pretty sweet spot for RBs too. In the 3rd, we really do need a DT and if we don't take one in the 2nd with the Surtain pick, we'd have to get one in the 3rd IMO. In the 4th, I like KB21's idea of taking David Greene, if available. But, our 4th round pick, IMO, will also be in high demand for trades, and if David Greene is off the board, I like the idea of trading down to acquire more 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks. I believe Saban will find all sorts of value in those areas, with lots of SEC players.

Back
Top Bottom