IF Surtain is traded, who takes his spot? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF Surtain is traded, who takes his spot?

colmax

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Though the Surtain trade seems imminent, it is still not concrete. I would like to know which CB you Finatics would like to take his position IF he's traded.

I, personally, like Mario Edwards; at least initially. He is not in same tier as Madison or Surtain, but he is a veteran with decent skills. He has pretty good speed and good size (6' and 200 lbs). Will Poole would be the obvious choice because of his upside, but I feel he needs more reps at nickel before taking the starting spot. I do not know much about Howard.

I say, start Edwards and see if he pans out. If he does horribly, THEN put in Poole. The only reason I see Edwards ahead of Poole is primarily based on experience alone. Once Poole gets the feel for the NFL, he should be a very good compliment to Sam.

What do you Finatics think?

Yeah, it's definitely going to be between Howard, Poole, and Edwards. My guess would be Howard.

Poole 1st, Howard 2nd, and Edwards 3rd. Poole's got the potential to be a good starting CB. I'm still undecided about Howard, he's got to start getting more ints since our current safeties aren't. Edwards has good size and speed but I don't think he's starter material and his skill hasn't shown in Tampa and Dallas. Makes me wish we could keep Surtain.

Whoever wins the training camp battle. I hope it's Poole though and he plays well. Would vindicate Spielman somewhat especially if Carey wins that starting LT spot.

I think Howard will win the job in training camp but Poole will eventually take over by mid-season. Saban did not play the 2 deep secondary that Bates ran, so If it's a different scheme so I don't know who will fit it best. Poole I believe will be the best player out of the 3, but I don't think he'll win the job in training camp.

djfresh47 I think Howard will win the job in training camp but Poole will eventually take over by mid-season. Saban did not play the 2 deep secondary that Bates ran, so If it's a different scheme so I don't know who will fit it best. Poole I believe will be the best player out of the 3, but I don't think he'll win the job in training camp.

Very good point. Now that I'm thinking about it, it may very well be a toss up.

for now it has to be howard, he's getting paid big bucks. Poole will take the job eventually. both have very good skills.

Poole as he simply reminds me of Surtain in size, style, and ability to play the slot.

Anyone watch any games last year? Howard sucked and constantly gave up first down catches. Poole played much better, even as a rookie. The only thin Poole really needs to work on is his penalties. He seemed to have too many of those. Mark my words, Poole will be considered the STEAL of the 2004 draft.

I think Poole will win the job in TC, he's a lot faster than what he ran in the 40 last year around this time because he's not sick and is back to a good playing weight and should shine in TC and in the regular season and turn out to be the steal of the 04 draft like Samphin said. Howard played terribly last season and I didn't really get to see any of Edwards but off what other people have posted they said he wasn't any good either.

Back
Top Bottom