If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Then again, of the 3, Matt Moore is the only one with a winning percentage as a starter, plus he stepped going 4-1 in Carolina to salvage a losing season into .500, almost did the same a few years back for us in '11when everyone was sucking big time, and then last season, shepherded us into the playoffs.

Maybe we're not appreciating him enough compared to the other bozos? Or maybe after finally tasting filet mignon, no matter which horsemean we consume, it's gonna leave us with heartburn?

Then again, of the 3, Matt Moore is the only one with a winning percentage as a starter, plus he stepped going 4-1 in Carolina to salvage a losing season into .500, almost did the same a few years back for us in '11when everyone was sucking big time, and then last season, shepherded us into the playoffs.

Maybe we're not appreciating him enough compared to the other bozos? Or maybe after finally tasting filet mignon, no matter which horsemean we consume, it's gonna leave us with heartburn?
I think Matt is good for the short term in 4-6 games, longer than that I think we are expecting too much in return.

QBwinz

Plus, if we're doing QB wins, Kaepernick is way at the top of the mid-range QB's, as one of the only ones to reach a SB.

Sorry I don't see him as mid-range.. I see him as bottom 35% (23rd out of 32 starters) at best vs present QBs he could replace.
Bortles - although he's 8-24 vs Kaepernik's 3-16 over the last 2 seasons so that's no slam dunk
Kessler
Hoyer
McCown
Savage
Glennon (maybe)
Bradford (maybe)
Goff (for now)
Siemian (maybe maybe not, but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt here)

that would make Kaepernick at best a top 23 QB based on ducking under center now- the point being BeforeGase Tannehill was better than that and look where that got us!

Get Nick Foles and you will forget about Chad Pennington. This guy should not be a back up anywhere. In this Miami Dolphins Gase offense, he would be better than Cutler or Colin. And maybe better than Tanny. I’m biased for him, I like him, wanted the Dolphins to draft him in 2012, but he is still a very solid quarterback sitting wasted in Philly.

Get Nick Foles

He excelled due to, at that time, the modern introduction of the read option and spread passing concepts of Chip Kelly. Once the NFL caught on he pretty much fell off to the point were he isn't considered a starting QB in the NFL.

Neither is Moore, Kaepernick or Cutler. Backup, head case and retired and that’s what we’re looking at. A 6’ 5” mobile, accurate guy with poise in the pocket does not go out of favor in the NFL, like ever. 233 passes without an interception, got to be something in there still. He’s the same size as Peyton Manning. He can hit Landry, Thomas, Fasano, Stills and Parker all day long. I think he is the best fit here. But I am no expert. Who else can we look at?

What would it cost us to get Foles?

if we are considering a 1 year stop gap why not reach out to ROMO? Wildcard team, improved defense, tons of offensive weapons could Romo provide a miricle with a one year run?

Back
Top Bottom