If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
if we are considering a 1 year stop gap why not reach out to ROMO? Wildcard team, improved defense, tons of offensive weapons could Romo provide a miricle with a one year run?

Romo is Mr. Glass. Unfortunate, but even if we got him out of retirement the financial hit would be much than the others and we'd still be holding our collective breaths each time he was hit.

Cutler's health, knowledge and affinity for Gase honestly make him the best fit for us. He comes with baggage, but nothing compared to the circus of Kaepernick.

At this point, we are not one player away and Gase needs someone to help him get the most out of the situation and continue to develop the rest of the roster. For all of Cutler's flaws, he won't be a distraction. And we need someone with knowledge of this system because even Matt Moore is one hit away from another concussion. So, we need a healthy body with knowledge of the system to either be the starter Day 1 or be ready to be the starter on a moment's notice.

I'd hate thinking we brought in one guy that makes the other 10 men on offense ineffective by not knowing the offense.

if we are considering a 1 year stop gap why not reach out to ROMO? Wildcard team, improved defense, tons of offensive weapons could Romo provide a miricle with a one year run?

The only possible miracle Romo could provide is staying healthy for 16 games.

I appreciate anyone contributing here that is looking beyond the Moore, Colin, Cutler trio. I have a feeling it might not be any of those guys and that’s where I was going.

Romo could barely be a two game stopgap without getting hurt. I love Romo and the on the field stuff wouldn't be the problem, it's that he can't stay on the field. He's not just injury prone right now, his body just can't take the NFL field anymore.

If Cutler decides to stay retired which is the latest rumor, I could see us ending up with Osweiler unfortunately. I think they need to bite the bullet and snag Kaepernick because he has he highest upside, but I could totally see them going with Moore as starter and getting Osweiller to be a backup since he has familiarity with Gase and the system.

If Cutler decides to stay retired which is the latest rumor, I could see us ending up with Osweiler unfortunately. I think they need to bite the bullet and snag Kaepernick because he has he highest upside, but I could totally see them going with Moore as starter and getting Osweiller to be a backup since he has familiarity with Gase and the system.
Brother I think that is the older rumor. The newest I see there is a gap on money and getting his families permission to un-retire.

If Cutler stays retired and Moore is the man going forward keep an eye on Shaun Hill and Christian Ponder.

If Cutler stays retired and Moore is the man going forward keep an eye on Shaun Hill and Christian Ponder.

tenor.gif

Yikes.

Shaun Hill is an older version of Moore, a guy who can deliver respectable play and football good enough to win if the defense plays ok. Ponder isn't an NFL QB.

Agreed but he's holding a clipboard. There's not a lot of choices to bring in. Throwing names out there at this point.

One other reason to sin Kaep is that if Gase rehabilitates his skills he might be a tradeable asset next year. What other QB that they pick off the trash heap could become an asset like that?

One other reason to sin Kaep is that if Gase rehabilitates his skills he might be a tradeable asset next year. What other QB that they pick off the trash heap could become an asset like that?

You actually think they would sign him to a multi year deal? Him or Cutler?

Back
Top Bottom