If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If Tannehill is out, what is our best option?

The best available quarterback available...at this point it's Kaepernick. If the organization chooses a worse quarterback, then they are putting politics before football and I'd sell my season tickets for this season. I care about winning and the best available quarterback at this point needs to be on line 1 if Tannehill is hurt. Simple. Make football decisions! I assume Gase feels the same way.

The best available quarterback available...at this point it's Kaepernick. If the organization chooses a worse quarterback, then they are putting politics before football and I'd sell my season tickets for this season. I care about winning and the best available quarterback at this point needs to be on line 1 if Tannehill is hurt. Simple. Make football decisions! I assume Gase feels the same way.

I agree, in all honesty Kaepernick is the best football option, no matter how people want to spin it. Cutler has experience with Gase, so I wouldn't discount it, but I think physically he might be done. He retired for a reason.

Kaepernick has obvious skills that a coach like Gase could work with and amplify. The majority of this list is comprised of bums and retirees. I like Moore, but I'm not comfortable having him be the starter the whole year. That is just conceding the season. At the least he should have real competition, and the best competition he could have right now is Kaepernick.

To our Canadian fans: are there presently any CFL reclamation QBs with the potential upside of a Moon or Flutie?
.... or even a Garcia or Thiesmann?

I added Osweiller as I had forgotten he had experience with Gase as well... Might be a decent cheap option.

Personally I'd go with Cutler... as a back up to compete with Moore. He knows and performed OK in Gase's system. Kaepernick would be way too much of a distraction and personally, I don't want to hear it from people around me about him being with Miami. I'd rather ride Moore. Plus I'm pretty sure Kiko would murder him.

I hate having to even consider this, but there isn't even a doubt that the best option is Kaepernick. And the Dolphins need to be on the phone with his agent as we speak. Just to start laying the groundwork (before he signs with the Ravens).

If you drop Kaepernick into this offense with the skill players that we have, he will give you a chance to win games. That's what this business is about.

I despise the guy. But I'm also not interested in watching another lost season for this franchise.

Back
Top Bottom