If Tedi Bruschi is out, the Pats are out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tedi Bruschi is out, the Pats are out

PerfectSZN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It Tedi doesn't come back IMO the Pats will not do better than win one playoff game. They could possibly not even win the AFC east.

That guy makes game changing turnovers and defensive stops. If they lose him, he will be hard to replace. Thoughts???

He will be hard to replace but the Pats are known for not missing a beat when someone gets hurt. It will be interesting to see, that's for sure.

PerfectSZN said:
It Tedi doesn't come back IMO the Pats will not do better than win one playoff game. They could possibly not even win the AFC east.

That guy makes game changing turnovers and defensive stops. If they lose him, he will be hard to replace. Thoughts???

if you truly believe that, then you're just grasping at straws. The Pats have shown that time and time again, in the face of adversity they can just plug somebody in, and the well oiled machine keeps running smoothly.

Teddy B is a good player, but that defense wont crumble without him. They still have plenty of leadership and direction back there, and I fully expect them to replace him without losing too much. People may hate them, but if the Phins were in the same position (SB wise, and success wise) nobody would be complaining

i think the pats have a lot more problems then just the loss of tedi bruschi. They also lost phifer, both coordinators, ty law, and seymour's threatening to hold out. I don't think they're in good shape. But this is a tema that just proves me wrong again and again.

Bruschi is a very interesting player, isn't he? He's an above average LB in his play throughout the season, but he will make a couple season defining plays every year.

Losing Bruschi doesn't help, but it definetly doesn't make or break the Pats season. He plays well, but the guy is no Ray Lewis. It isn't like they are losing someone like we did last year (Ricky Williams). And the PAts have more issues than just Bruschi. If they fall back a few steps, it isn't going to be only because Bruschi is gone.

Dudeman said:
Teddy B is a good player, but that defense wont crumble without him. They still have plenty of leadership and direction back there, and I fully expect them to replace him without losing too much.

No, they won't "crumble" without him. I think you're characterization of him as a "good" player is pretty accurate. What they COULD miss, though, is his knack for getting those 2 - 4 season changing big plays every year.

if you truly believe that, then you're just grasping at straws. The Pats have shown that time and time again, in the face of adversity they can just plug somebody in, and the well oiled machine keeps running smoothly.

Everyone always says that kind of thing when a team is in its "dynasty years". Eventually, all great teams have to come down some due to loss of talent (coaches, lost players, and aging players). I did not say that the Pats were going to be 7-9 or worse. I just made the point that I have seen Tedi B come up with a lot of game changing plays. If not for him last year, the Pats probably play the Colts at home. A much different scene.

Agua said:
No, they won't "crumble" without him. I think you're characterization of him as a "good" player is pretty accurate. What they COULD miss, though, is his knack for getting those 2 - 4 season changing big plays every year.

I guess Vrabel will have to catch a few more game winning TDs :lol:

I hate how Tedi always seems to be there to make the clutch INT or fumble....he has given me a lot of heartburn over the years and I hate how he always has to celebrate and taunt after a play.....sorry to see any player go out like this, but he has been like chewing gum that you can't rub off your shoe. The Pats got a lot more problems than just Tedi possibly being out. I say we win the division and the Patsies battle the Jets, and Jills for the crumbs. :lol:

I hate Bruschi.
Now that I got that out of the way, he's truly special on the football field. He's the heart of the defense, which is saying a lot when you had guys like Ty Law and Rodney Harrison. The pats will definitely miss him if he's out for the year but someone else will step in. He won't be as good, but he'll do.

PerfectSZN said:

My thought is, you have no idea how good the Patriots really are. I sometimes get the feeling that some people on this board have'nt watched any "non-Dolphin" football in 4 years.

Losing Bruschi hurts the Pats no doubt.

That being said they still have the best player in football, a deep recieving corp, the most underrated O-line in football, a 1400 yard rusher, good tight ends, the deepest D-line in football and a good secondary.

B.B. will do what he always does. Find an adequete replacement for Tedy (Monty Beisel), coach the hell out of him, scheme like crazy and not miss a beat.

They had Troy Brown as a nickel corner last year and still won it all...that tells me all I need to know.

The only thing that would put the Patriots "out" would be losing Tom Brady...other then that the last few years have taught me that in the Patreiots system no player is irreplacable.

Back
Top Bottom