If the battle for 3rd Tailback is so close... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the battle for 3rd Tailback is so close...

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, just wondering. If the battle for 3rd tailback is as close as some of the folks here are thinking. And if the league is so RB-starved that according to some people there's a team out there ready to guarantee Leonard Henry a roster spot based on rumors of him being solid...

Well I was just wondering. What are the chances that we could trade ROBERT EDWARDS? I mean the guy has looked like every bit of the same runningback that he use to be as a rookie. If he can stay injury-free I mean this guy could be a 1000 yard rusher again in my opinion! I mean heck if he stays TOTALLY injury free this is the type of guy that could even give a semblance of pushing RICKY WILLIAMS of all people to not slack off else Robert Edwards is sittin right behind ya ready to take over.

So anyone think we could pull off a decent trade after Edwards' showing tonight?

Sure I do as well but I wish the best for Robert and I believe he's still got 1000 yard seasons left in him...and he's obviously not going to do that in Miami with Ricky Williams ahead of him.

If he's as good as you think he can be, why would you want to trade him? I think we should keep Edwards.

me too.....when he scored that TD and went to one knee....I had chills.....he really worked his a$$ off for that one

Well I say he's got a 1 yr contract left, he's gone and impressed people when he should, in the preseason games, not to mention the remarks from the Miami media have been much more glowing about him than Leonard Henry, so if you guys think that the remarks about Leonard Henry are enough to guarantee him a spot on the 53 man roster then heck wouldn't Robert be worth a 6th round pick?

Just thinkin out loud...

IMO Wanny wants to try and slide Henry onto the PS. I don't think he played at all tonight.

It is kind of a catch 22 situation. If Henry really impresses in the games, he would most likely be snatched up if he were to be cut. If he "hides" Henry throughout the last couple games, he could slide him right onto the PS. And, if he impresses so much, he could cost Edwards a spot, and I think Wanny REALLY wants to see Edwards make his team.

The thing with Edwards, is not even so much how he did tonight (which was very solid), it is going to show in the days right after the game. If he can bounce right back, and not miss any practice time, due to being banged up, then, I think he will make the team.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well, just wondering. If the battle for 3rd tailback is as close as some of the folks here are thinking. And if the league is so RB-starved that according to some people there's a team out there ready to guarantee Leonard Henry a roster spot based on rumors of him being solid...

Well I was just wondering. What are the chances that we could trade ROBERT EDWARDS? I mean the guy has looked like every bit of the same runningback that he use to be as a rookie. If he can stay injury-free I mean this guy could be a 1000 yard rusher again in my opinion! I mean heck if he stays TOTALLY injury free this is the type of guy that could even give a semblance of pushing RICKY WILLIAMS of all people to not slack off else Robert Edwards is sittin right behind ya ready to take over.

So anyone think we could pull off a decent trade after Edwards' showing tonight?

Well is obvious that Dolphins are trying to hide Henry and it should work because of the lack of playing time..I thought he would have gotten to carry the ball after Edwards.Trading Edwards sound good to me but I would prefer having all four in the roster but I can see Dolphins keeping Henry until final cuts so that he can easily clear the wiver and along not getting playing time to show talent.Jamar is still dissapointing me with his all around game..He got beat couple of time and that INT was him being in the right place(The ball was tipped by the receier and Fletcher happen to be behind him.)..

By the way I'm arguing Devil's Advocate on this one. I do not want to trade Robert Edwards because I believe he is the only capable backup fulltime RB we have behind Ricky Williams. Unlike the home crowd here I am not nearly sold on Leonard Henry. Can he take a bunch of snaps and not fumble the ball or get caught in the backfield every play? Sure. Can he take a bunch of snaps and contribute to this football team as a strength rather than a weakness? Not IMO. Robert Edwards on the other hand, well honestly if Ricky Williams went down I believe Robert Edwards steps in without us missing a single beat. If Travis Minor steps in he can probably average between 3 and 4 yards per carry, but would be very limited in goal line situations.

I liked what I saw from Henry but I never said cut Edward in order to keep Henry..I thoguht Henry would have gotten more playing time behind either first or second offensive line but Dolphins are playing it safe to hide him..I still think henry can be the main back up but I always said Dolphins should keep all four because you can't never have too many good backs..If any one throws out an intresting offer for Edward, Why not trade him?

Well my argument with Henry all along was that the dolphins can successfully hide him on the practice squad based on what he's already done against the Bucs and Saints. That meant provided he doesn't play against the Texans and Bears and do well. He didn't play against the Texans and the Phins may sit him against the Bears. They may want to see if Robert Edwards can line up and take a bunch of carries, recover, practice then line up and take a bunch more next week.

But I notice that some opinions might be changing about hiding Henry on the psquad, since he didn't play against the Texans...and it would be well to remember that a few days ago people were arguing hard that Henry is ALREADY known enough that someone would grab him off waivers...

I dont even think he played in the Saint game because Barnes got the playing time with 3rd stringers.....

BTW I personally don't think any team is going to toss us an offer for Edwards just yet because he has only a 1 year contract with the team...so any team trying to buy him from us is doing it because they need him this year and only this year. There aren't a lot of teams out there that feel they have a lot at stake, who need a RB to contribute this year alone.

What I mean by having a lot at stake is, well the Dolphins for instance...everyone keeps sayin our window of op is short. And if Ricky went down tomorrow we might consider trading a pick to someone for a RB that we can use this year in the mix to make sure our run game is sound and we still have a shot.

Back
Top Bottom