If The Dolphins Are Tanking Then Why Sign Allen? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If The Dolphins Are Tanking Then Why Sign Allen?

The Dolphins aren't tanking.

a) thinking that tanking in the NFL is smart or easy is stupid

b) thinking that tanking ensures you a franchise QB is stupid.

c) tanking is dumb because b), essentially as the 3YPC podcast revealed a huge assload of teams are gonna be as desperate for a QB as we are. Grier lives in the real world, he has to be calculating and the tank mentality is not that

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-9_20-23-0.png
    upload_2019-3-9_20-23-0.png
    110 KB · Views: 3
Tanking doesn’t mean tell your guys to lose like some of you’re implying. It’s when you put crap on the field/court that know can’t win

Basically 2019 is going to be a trial and error season. The Dolphins are going to be playing a lot of young players to see what they have and don't have moving forward. They want to lay a good foundation and build the team the right way. We may have to suffer through a couple of crap seasons but the payoff in the end could be well worth the wait. If only Ross would've done this years ago!!!

I actually have no problem with the signing I just don’t understand it based on the offseason noise. I’m hoping they plan on using O’Leary as the FB and just needed another blocking TE.

I actually have no problem with the signing I just don’t understand it based on the offseason noise. I’m hoping they plan on using O’Leary as the FB and just needed another blocking TE.

I like this idea, maybe draft a classic fullback late in the draft?

This site is going to implode when this team goes 6-10, 7-9 next year. Unless the wheels fall of injury wise we will NOT get a top 5 pick.

i love the fact we know nothing about what this FO is doing; even more that Steven Ross isn’t a factor in the ‘silly season’.

it feels like... like a storm is brewing. it’s exciting.

You still need to bring in guys who are good locker room guys and guys who know the new coach's system

I don’t think it’s an indicator of anything other than maybe trying to get some players of familiarity in tbe building who may be good in tbe locker room and mentors for the kids at tight end.

Because you have to be more clever than cutting everyone and flipping off the NFL as you lose games.

I like the signing but I just feel like it's pointless unless they want him for our future but by then he will be kind of old. Signing this guy probably wont help us win a extra game but it will make the team better. So are we tanking or rebuilding ? A bit confused.

Because there has never been a team that that plans to tank. The Colts did not tank for Luck. They made some roster decisions that had a high probability of leading to a poor season, but they still tried to win every game.

Because there has never been a team that that plans to tank. The Colts did not tank for Luck. They made some roster decisions that had a high probability of leading to a poor season, but they still tried to win every game.

They healthy scratched Dwight freeney at the end of the season

The problem we had last year in the TE position is that we drafted Gesicki and tried to play him like Goedert. I would hope that this means we start to use Mike for what he was supposed to be used for instead of as an inline blocker. It also allows Smythe to learn from Allen as I dont think they have a lot in common from a football standpoint.

We need to start using Mike like Jimmy Graham and this may be a step in that direction.
I've been saying this all along to the posters that are down on him already. We didn't draft him to block, we drafted him to outrun the linebackers down the seam. Until we do that, he's going to continue to look pedestrian. Gase did not use him enough properly.

Back
Top Bottom