If the dolphins draft... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the dolphins draft...

I've been honest about my disbelief in Tua since day one. Before the major hip injury, I was against drafting him due to my belief that he's too small (just a quarter inch over 6 feet) and injury prone.

After the injury, I think you'd have to be nuts to take him early. Now, if we take him; I will root for him with my hair on fire... but I'm NOT a believer. I'm just not.

If it were me, I'd have my assistants leak that I freaking loved him and just couldn't wait to get him... then stand back and watch the other GMs dash around.

But hey... I like chaos in my enemy's camp.

To those that said 3... we have another QB on the roster with that number.

with that being said in year 2 of my madden franchise I traded Rosen to Washington and Tua got #3... however if 3 is still taken I believe he goes with 5 (his bro’s number and his draft spot)

Tua is destined to wear aqua and white,

So it has been said and so it will be done.

I've been honest about my disbelief in Tua since day one. Before the major hip injury, I was against drafting him due to my belief that he's too small (just a quarter inch over 6 feet) and injury prone.

After the injury, I think you'd have to be nuts to take him early. Now, if we take him; I will root for him with my hair on fire... but I'm NOT a believer. I'm just not.

If it were me, I'd have my assistants leak that I freaking loved him and just couldn't wait to get him... then stand back and watch the other GMs dash around.

I was not sold on him from the beginning either, but wouldn't have had a huge problem if that's the direction they chose. Now, I don't see it as worth the risk.

People will point to guys like Brees and Wilson as smaller guys that have been sucessful, but they are the exception, not the rule. That's like saying you can draft a HOF QB in rd6 because Tom Brady.

On your second point, about subterfuge, sometimes it can be of effective to some degree, but I have my doubts in this case. Drafting him is one thing. Spending additional draft capital to do it is another thing entirely.

The Dolphins just need to hope they find a Joe Burrow gask-mask picture from the same guy who leaked the Tunsil one ;-)

tenor-1.gif

I have never been a Tua believer. Too much hype and not enough adversity. The requirements on him as the QB in Alabama are also rather limited. Not sure he can really read a full defense well.

Ironically, if he does come back fully recovered and ready to play after an injury of this magnitude, I would feel better about him from an adversity standpoint, because overcoming this injury will take grit, determination, focus and willpower.

Unfortunately, Tua's injury history now makes him a very high risk at our top spot even if he does recover fully, as there would still be the physical and mental questions that were there before the injury. Tua really is the wildcard of this year's draft. If the team really does believe in him and drafts him, I truly do hope he becomes the generational guy we have been looking for.

Back
Top Bottom