If the Dolphins drafted Lamar Jackson, would he still be successful? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Dolphins drafted Lamar Jackson, would he still be successful?

Not switching allegiances bc I can’t but man it would’ve been nice being a Ravens fan all these years. Didn’t win it all a bunch of course but they’re usually in the mix. Now they should be good for another decade if he continues to QB the way he has.

Purely speculative threads make me yawn. However, I do get that there's not much else to talk about yet. :wink

Dolphins ruin everyone they get their hands on, so... No. Brees is lucky as hell he didn't end up here.

The first question is the definition of "successful." I posted elsewhere, hinting almost any QB could be successful in BALT. THat's not even debatable. Any QB with an elite run game and top D will be successful.
The question is how much is LJ and how much the team around him? What would be BALT's record if Mahomes, or Prescott, or another top QB traded with LJ? I doubt anyone can offer a convincing argument they would be 7-4. Flacco's last couple of year wer 9-10 wins, so is LJ only 2-3 wins better than Flacco.
Before responding, LJ looks like a future HOFr and he is an amazing athlete, so, please, no replies accusing me of not being able to judge talent or some other nonsense. My point is some of this love fest without acknowledging the supporting cast is premature. No, LJ wouldn't be that successful of 29 other teams. Yes, most QBs would be more successful (not MVP candidate) in BALT. That's my only point.

Tell that to 2000 Trent Dilfer, when he had the best run defense in NFL history on his side, and one of the top 3 overall D's. Along with Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes in the running game.

Not under Gase. But possible good with Flores. We technically will find out next year. Tannehill was obviously not coached well. We gave Titans a franchise QB for a 4th round pick.

Tell that to 2000 Trent Dilfer, when he had the best run defense in NFL history on his side, and one of the top 3 overall D's. Along with Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes in the running game.

Trent was successful

If your definition of successful includes being carried to success, and not earning it, then I guess you are right. But I don't consider that successful.

Back
Top Bottom