If The Dolphins.................. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If The Dolphins..................

Killa_B

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Give up the 20th pick for Mark Brunell I don't think I will be sick to my stomach. And may not be able to watch them this upcoming season.

I would give that pick for Henson, depending on his workout in 3 days, but not for a guy who onlyhas like 3 years left in him.. at best.

You 'won't be sick to your stomach' but you also 'won't watch them next year?' Is there a typo there or are you just torn on the Brunell issue?

we shouldn't give up a #20 pick for Brunell. He IS better then JF....but all in all not by much (at this stage in their careers). I would rather use it on a WR or OL man.

obviously, what is happening here is a case of supply and demand - they is an extremely short supply of vet QB on the market at the moment and Brunell is the top of that short... I bet guys like Griese and Fiedler get some action as well for teams not wanting an unknown or rookie competing for a starting or #2 spot

I guess we are confusing questions.

1. Is Brunell an upgrade?

Clearly yes.

2. Is he the long term answer?

Probably not.

So, how much do you pay for a short term upgrade. I'd guess that depends on how close you think the team is right now. If you think we are a QB away, than you might overpay for Brunell.

I'm betting that Wanny thinks we are close enough that a consistent passer like Brunell is worth a high pick.

Personally, I doubt it.

Originally posted by Killa_B
Give up the 20th pick for Mark Brunell I think I will be sick to my stomach. And may not be able to watch them this upcoming season.

While I tend to shy away from this type of sentiment as it's a bit over the top and brash, I can certainly empathize with KB here. This team really needs to work on bringing in a bit of youth rather than the contstant flow of middle of the road veterans to plug holes around the team. This is the year for the 'Fins to take a shot on a QB in a high risk/reward proposition.

If the 'Fins give up their first for this pile I'm going to be very upset.

P.S. I edited KB's post so it said what I think he was trying to say with the whole puking thing. :barf:

:D

Back
Top Bottom