IF the MINN. and TAMPA rumors are true | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF the MINN. and TAMPA rumors are true

ckparrothead said:
I'd take the two first round picks. I think my fantasy would be to get Alex Barron with the first pick and then Matt Jones with the next one...use Surtain to pick up KC's pick in round 2, get a DT like Antajj Hawthorne with that pick, and get either a RB or QB (probably QB, I do like David Greene) with the third round pick, then use the that #2 pick in the fourth round on Day 2 to regroup and figure out who ended up falling that should not have fallen and take them. I think by trading Surtain and trading the #2 pick for Minnesota's two first rounders, we could have ourselves a very good draft.
I'd also want the two first rounders, and hope for two of the six, in order, of Shawne Merriman, Marcus Spears, David Pollack, Thomas Davis, Luis Castillo and Odell Thurman. I'd also want to get Hawthorne with a 2nd we'd get for Surtain. We need a young defensive tackle with the ability to play on the nose. I've also heard that the marijuana positive tests have him dropping even lower than the 2nd. Why oh why didn't SpeilWann pick Vince Wilfork last year? :cry: :fire:
I think the 3rd is too high for Greene, and with that pick I'd like to see us go for a center like Jason Brown, since Chris Spencer probably isn't available at that point. I'd also look for RB Marion Barber in that area too. There will also be some good players that fall thru the cracks and available at the top of round 4, like Poole last year.

first off, i want to give it up to myself here ,and say that ,if we trade with tampa we should take campbell, morency , and wr mark braddley and cb / returnman darrent williams and then go for a d tackle.

MrClean said:
I'd also want the two first rounders, and hope for two of the six, in order, of Shawne Merriman, Marcus Spears, David Pollack, Thomas Davis, Luis Castillo and Odell Thurman. I'd also want to get Hawthorne with a 2nd we'd get for Surtain. We need a young defensive tackle with the ability to play on the nose. I've also heard that the marijuana positive tests have him dropping even lower than the 2nd. Why oh why didn't SpeilWann pick Vince Wilfork last year? :cry: :fire:
I think the 3rd is too high for Greene, and with that pick I'd like to see us go for a center like Jason Brown, since Chris Spencer probably isn't available at that point. I'd also look for RB Marion Barber in that area too. There will also be some good players that fall thru the cracks and available at the top of round 4, like Poole last year.

Just in case you missed it, Miami signed 2 quality DE's in the offseason (Holliday and Carter). Yet you still want to draft another DE or two??? Also you want another pot head in round two??? Did we learn nothing from Ricky? All I can say is thak god you aren't handling the draft for us.

AZStryker said:
Just in case you missed it, Miami signed 2 quality DE's in the offseason (Holliday and Carter). Yet you still want to draft another DE or two??? Also you want another pot head in round two??? Did we learn nothing from Ricky? All I can say is thak god you aren't handling the draft for us.

Holliday isn't quality. Guy's a stiff. Carters also aging. Take a look across our line man. There isn't youth anywhere. Our youngest guys are David Bowens and Romero on the line. A lot of these guys on our line will be gone in 2 years. Who do you replace them with?

VanDolPhan said:
Holliday isn't quality. Guy's a stiff. Carters also aging. Take a look across our line man. There isn't youth anywhere. Our youngest guys are David Bowens and Romero on the line. A lot of these guys on our line will be gone in 2 years. Who do you replace them with?

How about our backfield. No one of substance there either. Who cost us the wins last year, Ricky or Wally? We lost both, yet no one blames Wally for a 4 win season. Fix the D line in the later rounds or next year. if we want to compete, fix the running game now.

TPD1479 said:
Would you rather have Minnesotas 2 number #1 or TAMPA's #1 #2 & #3?

Tampas deal actually benifits us more...cause the real gems in the draft are found in the second and third rounds

if minn would toss any other pick i'd say them but i think tampa is the best deal only because we could still end up with the player we want and its morer picks to fill our numerous holes

AZStryker said:

Just in case you missed it, Carter and Holliday are versatile players who can line up inside and outside on the DL, but neither is a nose tackle for when we are in a odd man front. Hawthorne could be and so could Castillo.
Merriman could play OLB or DE depending on the alignment and IF we drafted him then I'd not follow up with Pollack too, only if we did not get Merriman.
Saban wants versatile players for the front seven and the term used now is horizontal depth. Pollack has the potential to play end in a 4-3, OLB or ILB in a 3-4.
Spears could play the same positions as Carter and Holliday and rotate with them and provide quality young talent for the future as well. Spears has been likened to guys like Richard Seymour, Ty Warren and Kevin Williams, yet you wouldn't want him just because we have two veterans in Carter and Holliday?
Castillo could play anywhere on the line in a 3-4 or DT in a 4-3.
So, because he tested positive for pot once, Hawthorne is now a pot head?
Yeah that's a good idea, lets purge our roster of anyone who's smoked pot in the past year or two. We couldn't even field a punt return team if we did that. :lol:

With all this talk about trading with TB then trading again with Minnesota some thing amny are forgeting is that it seems Minnesota and Tampa may want the same player
B.Edwards.

If thats the case then two trades wont happen, however it might be best for Miami that they both want Edwards cause that will ceratinly draw the price for the #2 pick way up!!!!

MrClean said:
Just in case you missed it, Carter and Holliday are versatile players who can line up inside and outside on the DL, but neither is a nose tackle for when we are in a odd man front. Hawthorne could be and so could Castillo.
Merriman could play OLB or DE depending on the alignment and IF we drafted him then I'd not follow up with Pollack too, only if we did not get Merriman.
Saban wants versatile players for the front seven and the term used now is horizontal depth. Pollack has the potential to play end in a 4-3, OLB or ILB in a 3-4.
Spears could play the same positions as Carter and Holliday and rotate with them and provide quality young talent for the future as well. Spears has been likened to guys like Richard Seymour, Ty Warren and Kevin Williams, yet you wouldn't want him just because we have two veterans in Carter and Holliday?
Castillo could play anywhere on the line in a 3-4 or DT in a 4-3.
So, because he tested positive for pot once, Hawthorne is now a pot head?
Yeah that's a good idea, lets purge our roster of anyone who's smoked pot in the past year or two. We couldn't even field a punt return team if we did that. :lol:

OK lets neglect the offense again and stack the Defense! Wanny is that you???

AZStryker said:
OK lets neglect the offense again and stack the Defense! Wanny is that you???
Rick, was that you last year that failed to look toward the future and myopically reached big time for Vernon Carey with Vincent Wilfork on the board?
If we took a poll here, asking if they'd trade Carey for Wilfork, I'd bet about 98% would say yes. And if you were here last year, about that pct of posters were asking the same question: Why did we pass on Wilfork, considering that Bowens, Chester and Zgonina aren't getting any younger, and reeeeeaach for Carey?

TPD1479 said:
Would you rather have Minnesotas 2 number #1 or TAMPA's #1 #2 & #3?

If I knew we could definitely get Brown or Williams at #7 (Brown is almost surely not going to fall that far, but Williams might), I'd rather trade with the Vikings IF I also knew that the Eagles would take #18 for #31, #35, and #94 or their fourth-round pick.

If we trade with Vikings:

#07 - RB - Ronnie Brown (highly unlikely) or Caddy Williams
#31 - DT - Shaun Cody, Travis Johnson, or Luis Castillo
#35 - S - Brodney Pool or Josh Bullocks
#46 - LB - Darryl Blackstock, Barrett Ruud, Kevin Burnett, Odell Thurman, or Justin Tuck
#70 - CB - Corey Webster, Eric Green, or Stanley Wilson
#94 - QB - Andrew Walter or David Greene (Only two QBs other than Smith and Rodgers that I'd consider taking on day one)

If we trade with Bucs:

#05 - RB - Ronnie Brown or Caddy Williams
#36 - S - Brodney Pool or Josh Bullocks
#46 - DT - Luis Castillo (highly unlikely, despite the steroid fiasco), Mike Patterson, or Jonathan Babineaux
#70 - CB - Corey Webster, Eric Green, or Stanley Wilson
#71 - LB - Trent Cole, Matt McCoy, or Adam Seward
4th Round - Andrew Walter or David Greene (Or we could take either one with #71, and try to get a LB later in the draft)

----

Both are pretty darn good scenarios.

Back
Top Bottom