If The Playoffs Were To Begin Next Weekend... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If The Playoffs Were To Begin Next Weekend...

as much as I'd love to see the Phins in the playoffs...I want us to have a realistic shot of moving on too and actually winning; this current squad doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies to be able to do that...that being said, we get some folks back from injury and go on a hot streak...it's not impossible....go Phins!!!!

we definitely have to take care of business of course. I'll be watching the Bengals closely & rooting against them every step of the way! haha We are not out of it just yet.

As are a number of teams some say are better. My prediction was 8-8 and I'm staying there, so I'm not a blind homer, but this team has talent. I just don't think they can "take care of business."

The absolutely worst record we should finish with now is 7-9, since we've got the Bills to play twice !

6-10,7-9 or 8-8...are pretty much the same song and dance for the last eighteen years.
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is...well,it's pretty much the
Dolphins motto,also....

6-10,7-9 or 8-8...are pretty much the same song and dance for the last eighteen years.
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is...well,it's pretty much the
Dolphins motto,also....

"High achievers don't like mediocre people, mediocre people don't like high achievers."

if we beat gb and colts we might make it. it going be hard without wilson

"High achievers don't like mediocre people, mediocre people don't like high achievers."

I really tried playing devils advocate here but can’t.
Fans hanging their hats on Minkah and Tunsil. Boy that’s sad. They landed in our laps.
We failed to recognize Mahomes Wentz Watson.
We hung our hats on a bottom tier QB coming off injury.
Why didn’t we sign Ted Bridgewater as Insurance???
Please I don’t want to hear about stats. They are BS. Watch the games!
Osweiler is the highest rated 4th qtr passer in the league. How? Stats are skewed!
Stats may say that Ken O Brien was better than Montana in a season. Doesn’t mean anything.
This is why longtime fans value Wins.
There is a direct correlation between the HC QB and WINNING.

Such talk about how we COULD look like a playoff team is like a Supreme Court Justice once said about something I don't think I can mention on here: "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it."

I look at the Dolphins and I AIN'T SEEING IT.

I really tried playing devils advocate here but can’t.
Fans hanging their hats on Minkah and Tunsil. Boy that’s sad. They landed in our laps.
We failed to recognize Mahomes Wentz Watson.
We hung our hats on a bottom tier QB coming off injury.
Why didn’t we sign Ted Bridgewater as Insurance???
Please I don’t want to hear about stats. They are BS. Watch the games!
Osweiler is the highest rated 4th qtr passer in the league. How? Stats are skewed!
Stats may say that Ken O Brien was better than Montana in a season. Doesn’t mean anything.
This is why longtime fans value Wins.
There is a direct correlation between the HC QB and WINNING.

I'm confused. Miami 'failed to recognize' Mahomes and Watson. Mohomes went 10th, Watson 12th, and Miami picked 22nd. Trubisky went before both. Wentz went #2 (behind Goff) while Miami picked 13th . Not saying the decision was good or bad, but many teams needing QBs "failed to recognize" those guys. It's not as if everyone in the NFL knew the answer.
Bridgewater? I was a fan before injury, but his was worse than Tannehill's and many don't want a QB with significant injury backing up a QB with significant injury.

we lose a tie breaker with the bengals tho

Only if Cincy and Miami are the two teams in contention for the 6 seed. Very important disclosure.

Once you get a third team in the mix . . . .conference record is critical.

I mean I don’t expect to be anywhere in the playoff conversation at the end, but for Miami to have a decent shot . . . .it likely would be at 9-7 . . . .with losses to GB, Minny and NE . . . .while sweeping Buffalo and defeating Jville and Indy.

1-3 vs. NFC means 8-4 vs. AFC which for a 9-7 team is probably top dog . . . Not to mention 9-7 has a better shot of getting that third team in play along with Cincy to deflect the head to head. Maybe Tennessee, Maybe Baltimore (who would have to at least beat Cincy as they lost earlier to them and also have a leg up in division record which also looks gloomy).

Of course 10-6, 11-5 and 12-4 is better lol . . . But just putting a slighty more realistic twist on this fantasy.

We get the patriots at home on mnf. It’s doable

Ehh not with Brock

Back
Top Bottom