If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert?

To all you Tua fanboys out there. Here this now, if we take him with anything higher then the 3rd rd we will be right back where we started from. He was never going to translate well to the NFL to begin with even before the injury. He was injury prone before and now the chances are off the charts. Herbert is going to be the best NFL QB in this draft, and also think given some time Anthony Gordon will be in top 3 if this draft class. I think if we don't take Herbert (which will be a big mistake) we take Gordon in later rounds and go after Trevor next year.

It seems like Tua and family know the dolphins are searching and desperate for a Qb. They might believe that 5 is the earliest that he may be drafted. Why not tempt the dolphins with making it look like they're the team of choice?

We still have Rosen and he has potential but needs coaching. Why not coach up Rosen and see what we got?

He could benefit from and flourish in the right situation surrounded by talent.

To all you Tua fanboys out there. Here this now, if we take him with anything higher then the 3rd rd we will be right back where we started from. He was never going to translate well to the NFL to begin with even before the injury. He was injury prone before and now the chances are off the charts. Herbert is going to be the best NFL QB in this draft, and also think given some time Anthony Gordon will be in top 3 if this draft class. I think if we don't take Herbert (which will be a big mistake) we take Gordon in later rounds and go after Trevor next year.

It seems like Tua and family know the dolphins are searching and desperate for a Qb. They might believe that 5 is the earliest that he may be drafted. Why not tempt the dolphins with making it look like they're the team of choice?

We still have Rosen and he has potential but needs coaching. Why not coach up Rosen and see what we got?

He could benefit from and flourish in the right situation surrounded by talent.
Rosen maybe better off w better team situation.. I dont see him as long term answer...dolphins are looking draft qb.

Assuming some other team wants to trade up to 3 or Detroit says they are taking Tua, what if the another team like the Chargers tries to jump Miami for Herbert? If Miami doesn't come out of this draft with a QB of the future it's going to get ugly. The top three are Burrow, Tua and Herbert.. Dolphins have to come out with one of them so would you move up one spot and trade with the Giants to insure we get one?

Hmmm, a Tua thread. It’s about time someone brought up the subject of Tua. I thought we were avoiding this topic for some reason on this forum

if the FO are sold on Tua after the medical they may have to counter any trade up from other teams like that Panthers, Chargers or Raiders.

Some mock drafts think Detroit would take our 5th and the latest first round pick to move down but surely they will want more?

Someone should let the Chiefs know that it was stupid for them to trade up for Mahomes. They would've probably won multiple Super Bowls at this point if they never did.
Didn’t have injury concerns like Tua. Bad analogy

With all the needs we have Grier just needs to play the draft board as it comes. If someone moves up into top 4 for a QB someone really good drops. I love Simmons and Okudah-both instant starters at positions of need. Knowing Flo is a proponent if the Patriot way I doubt we go LT at 5. I could see us moving up for Love at 18 though.

Last edited:
I want the Dolphins to keep all the picks they now have and not use any of them to trade up for either Tua or Herbert. The only QB worth trading up for is Burrow and I just don’t see the Bengals trading the first pick in the draft.
Tua is a huge risk at 5 simply because of the numerous injuries he has suffered over the last two years. So trading draft picks to move up in the draft to select Tua makes little sense to me.
If Herbert is there at 5 and they feel he is the QB they want to draft as their future QB,I can live with the pick but of course it isn’t my job on the line if Herbert ends up being a bust.
Agree. There have been rumblings from Burrow camp that he may pull a Manning. I’m not sure Miami is any better choice than Cinn at this point except for the warm weather and no state taxes. He’s the only player I’d move up for

Let's see what happens during the F/A period, before we start trading all over the place. If San Diego lands a QB in F/A. I'd think they'd be out of the running at QB in 2020, at least in the 1st round. They seem to be the biggest threat for a QB and trying to jump Miami on the board.
Feel pretty good about coming out of FA with a starting RB, maybe a CB/S and a couple starters on the oline then we fill in the holes with the draft. We won’t fix it all this year. This is at least a 3 yr rebuild

The entire reason for trading those players for picks is to have the ammo to trade up for Tua. Are you seriously going to tell me that you wouldn’t trade Tunsil for a Potential franchise qb. If Tua didn’t get hurt, he would be the unquestionable number one pick and the highest rated qb prospect in over a decade. But no, let’s get real VALUE and take a defensive lineman when we have the most draft picks and cap space ever over the the next two years. Because playing it safe and not taking a swing for the fences has worked so well for us over the past 20 years lol.
The BIG question for Miami is will the Tua injury backfire on us like the Brees injury or will we be drafting a player who can’t stay on the field. At Alabama he worked behind some of the best olines in the country and still got hurt every year. Won’t see that in Miami. Not even close

The BIG question for Miami is will the Tua injury backfire on us like the Brees injury or will we be drafting a player who can’t stay on the field. At Alabama he worked behind some of the best olines in the country and still got hurt every year. Won’t see that in Miami. Not even close
Our starting QB has never been to the POs never!!! He is not the future
Our former Healthy starting QB got traded for Nada and went to the POs.
You really don’t think we have positioned ourselves for a QB this coming draft???

07263002-8577-4C99-AD38-72D4B2DF0917.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom