If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert?

Assuming some other team wants to trade up to 3 or Detroit says they are taking Tua, what if the another team like the Chargers tries to jump Miami for Herbert? If Miami doesn't come out of this draft with a QB of the future it's going to get ugly. The top three are Burrow, Tua and Herbert.. Dolphins have to come out with one of them so would you move up one spot and trade with the Giants to insure we get one?

Stay at 5 and take Love....

Stay at 5 and take Love....
Who are the guys who don't really produce in college but produce in the NFL? You're going to take pure potential at #5? FIVE? Five isn't the place for a project.

Trade into a position where you are guaranteed Tua or Burrow. Anything else is failure.

I would not trade up for any QB except Burrow. Prior to his ankle and hip injuries I would have had no problem with them trading up for Tua but now I hope they do not use draft capital to move up and draft him.
I have no problem with them drafting him at 5 but I would prefer they keep all the draft picks they have now or trade down to pick up even more draft picks.

Who are the guys who don't really produce in college but produce in the NFL? You're going to take pure potential at #5? FIVE? Five isn't the place for a project.

I don’t see it that way... Love tore it up in 2018 when he had a decent supporting cast...he lost his support and tried to do too much in 2019 to make up for how bad his team was... it was clear.

mega talented who proved he can do it in 2018....the team was just awful in 2019 and it messed his season up... trust me the NFL GM’s know that and Love will go high....Teams will see a potential Mahomes and will jump.

It’s very similar to a Mahomes trajectory who was not seen as a high first rounder in his draft.

Do not be shocked if he is the pick at 5.

I don’t see it that way... Love tore it up in 2018 when he had a decent supporting cast...he lost his support and tried to do too much in 2019 to make up for how bad his team was... it was clear.

mega talented who proved he can do it in 2018....the team was just awful in 2019 and it messed his season up... trust me the NFL GM’s know that and Love will go high....Teams will see a potential Mahomes and will jump.

It’s very similar to a Mahomes trajectory who was not seen as a high first rounder in his draft.

Do not be shocked if he is the pick at 5.
Mahomes had great production though albeit at a school where it was viewed traditionally as empty stats and the defense was so bad he couldn't really win because of it.

I don't think it's that similar. Love wasn't good this year... at all.

Answer is No!! Why would they lose draft picks to get a QB who's most likely be there at 5, if you want a dynamic QB that does everything Jordan Love Or Sam Ehlinger are mobile enough to cause a defense to lose sleep.

Answer is No!! Why would they lose draft picks to get a QB who's most likely be there at 5, if you want a dynamic QB that does everything Jordan Love Or Sam Ehlinger are mobile enough to cause a defense to lose sleep.

Are you comparing Tua to Sam Ehlinger? Really?

There's no better physical specimen than Rosen, and Herbert seems to have the same problems as Rosen. Tua is the only QB worth drafting early, assuming Burrow is long gone

Since when has Rosen been a “physical specimen”? Did you mean waste of semen?

lol

Are you comparing Tua to Sam Ehlinger? Really?
No I'm not but a QB is only good as what the Offense allows him to do, Ehlinger is tough and physical, and has great arm strength at 6-3 and 230 lbs, he threw for 3663 yards with 32 touchdowns and 10 int's and he runs like a running back.

Last edited:
God nothing would be worse then drafting Herbert at any spot. Give me Tua and trade up for him or stay put and get love. Herbert is the last QB I want out of the top 4.

Back
Top Bottom