If the Surtain trade goes down... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Surtain trade goes down...

Personally, I think its too early to tell.....

I would like a WR/RB IF we kept the 2nd overall pick and then a RB/S/LB/C with the 2nd rounder IF we get it for Surtain.

Dont forget about defense, we are aging at the LB position and need a replacement for Seau and Thomas in the next few years. Safetywise, I think we still have a questionmark at the FS position. Im not too sure Bell can make it a full year.

Taking a QB in the 2nd round IMO is a waste of a 2nd round draft pick when this is a very good talent in other positions to be found in the 2nd. The depth at QB IMO stinks this year whereas RB is very deep. QBwise, you dont get good value in the 2nd round whereas you would get that value with a RB.

My Preference:

Ronnie Brown @ #2
Shazor, Campbell or Frye in the second.

Still, I wouldn't be upset if they chose to go with QB with the #2 overall and RB in the second round.

We have a big question mark at the DT spot. Larry Chester is coming off an injury and Bowens' back is still a concern. With Kevin Carter pencilled in at the other DT spot, we still have a huge question mark there.

That question mark could have a huge say on who we take in the first four rounds. You know we're eyeing ronald fields, but if he shoots up the boards, we may consider a DT in round 2 (antaj Hawthorne). Remember, our defense is nothing if it can't stop the run.

i agree that we need a DT but i think we should wait til later because it would be bad if we use a 2nd on one and then chester and bowens end up being healthy. i doubt both will but one might. but it is somethin we will need to adress soon, i would say use a 2nd on it next year

I'd like to see us pull the trigger on a trade with the Vikes. I really thing they'll try to move up and get Edwards or Williams. I'd love to see us swap our second pick for their two #1's and then take Brown or Benson or Williams at #7 (whichever falls) and have a late first AND a second rounder from the Surtain trade to fill in the rest. The only way I'd change that is if Smith falls to #7...then I might consider drafting him there and getting a RB later in round 1 to go with McMichael, Chambers, and Booker.

What's frustrating...is I honestly believe Edwards and Williams are the two best skill position players in the draft by far...and we really don't need a WR. If we're left to pick at #2 don't be surprised to see Saban take Edwards (provided the Niners don't).

One other thing that would really be interesting...is if the Chargers DO pull off a trade w/the Niners and they take Edwards #1 the Vikes would over pay for the #2 pick to take Williams I believe.

On a long shot...if the rumors are true about the Rivers situation...we're crazy if we don't talk with them about a trade for him. He's a franchise QB...and Danny loves the kid.

What about Braylon, JJ Arrington, Kyle Orton in that order?

I really don't like getting into these draft day trading scenarios but, If the Chiefs trade #46 for Surtain(which I think will happen). They will seriously consider trading down #15 for more picks.

Now with the Dolphins talking of trading down from the #2 spot a couple of things could happen: They may be targeting the same players with the lower picks. Other teams knowing both teams will be trading down may effect the value of trading down.

I'm no draft guy & I'm sure it shows, but things could be more complicated than we know, hope not. Hardly any of these wild trade day draft schemes come to be true

Dphins said:
What about Braylon, JJ Arrington, Kyle Orton in that order?
Orton stinks, I wouldn't draft him until the sixth or seventh round, if at all. Sage has more potential than he does.

Sean,

Very true...but I think that we are in for some fireworks. The times I see wild trades come out of nowhere it's usually in the top 10 picks because they are typically the blue chippers. Everyone is complaining about the quality at the top this year, but Edwards, Williams, Benson, Brown, and Caddy are all skill position bluechippers in my opinion. The lack of blue chip QB's is the real problem this year.

could it be to one team or the others advantage to wait till draft day to let it be know exactly what picks they have. Probably more so for the Dolphins, the Surtain trade could have already been decided weeks ago. But that gets into conspiracy crap

Phintasy said:
What's frustrating...is I honestly believe Edwards and Williams are the two best skill position players in the draft by far...and we really don't need a WR. If we're left to pick at #2 don't be surprised to see Saban take Edwards (provided the Niners don't).
Umm, we do need a WR. We have Chambers and Booker but the type of offense a lot of us forsee us running calls for a lot more of 3 WR sets. Thompson isnt the answer, and therefore we actually do have a hole at the WR position.

Oboy said:
WAY too early to say. A) we are supposedly trying to trade down. B) Saban is not showing his cards at all on who he wants.

I am torn... I could see us taking a stud RB, or WR with the first rounder and then using the second rounder for Defense. However, a lot of people will probably disagree with me.

I think we could use a WR, but there's no way I'd take a WR with the 2nd overall pick. We aren't in THAT bad of a need to get one. WE have other areas that can use the help.

Back
Top Bottom