If the Surtain trade goes down... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Surtain trade goes down...

TGall13

Tagalager
Reaction score
and we get a second rounder for him, how does that effect our first round selection? Do we take a QB in the first and draft a RB in the second? Or do we take a WR in the first (Edwards or Williams) and a RB in the second? This will create even more questions about who we will take, thus creating urgency with the teams that want to trade up. Saban is really doing a good job of setting us up to do what ever WE want and have control over our personel.

Hopefully it means we draft QB 1st and RB 2nd. The 1st rounder we have is way too high to draft a RB with this kinda depth.

WAY too early to say. A) we are supposedly trying to trade down. B) Saban is not showing his cards at all on who he wants.

I am torn... I could see us taking a stud RB, or WR with the first rounder and then using the second rounder for Defense. However, a lot of people will probably disagree with me.

My gut feeling is that Saban will draft one of the three between Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, or Braylon Edwards. With a 2nd round pick, the likes of Arrington, Barber III, or another RB would still be available.

Regan21286 said:
Hopefully it means we draft RB 1st and QB 2nd. The 1st rounder we have is way too high to draft a a QB
i agree:)

if we got a second rounder(and i have been thinkin this for a long time).... i wish we could get Mike Williams (or braylon for you braylon fans), best RB available with the 2nd, and the best QB in the third unless there is a player that slipped down that is a must have for our team like a good center or safety. besides, im sure a QB that saban wants or has had a private workout with that will be there still.

TGall13 said:
and we get a second rounder for him, how does that effect our first round selection? Do we take a QB in the first and draft a RB in the second? Or do we take a WR in the first (Edwards or Williams) and a RB in the second? This will create even more questions about who we will take, thus creating urgency with the teams that want to trade up. Saban is really doing a good job of setting us up to do what ever WE want and have control over our personel.

Bottom line is if a team like minnesota is willing to give up 2 first rounders for our #2 its gonna happen.....

However it plays out, Saban has done a nice job of creating some options where we initially didn't have many. It's going to be interesting to see how the next few years pan out with our drafts.

I would like one of these scenarios(if we don't trade down):

1. 1st Rd- Benson or Brown.....2nd Round- Frye, Shazor, or Bullocks

2. 1st Rd- Edwards........2nd Round- Marion Barber III

I would be ecstatic with any of those drafts, or picks.

i meant, id take the 2 first rounders, but frisches, i wouldnt be upset with that either

seeing as how close we are cap wise, i think drafting a qb at the 2 will be too much of a gamble. Best scenario is still to trade down. Qbs always get more money than any other position and we have depth at qb and sage is still young......Go rb or trade down

DaVoness said:
seeing as how close we are cap wise, i think drafting a qb at the 2 will be too much of a gamble. Best scenario is still to trade down. Qbs always get more money than any other position and we have depth at qb and sage is still young......Go rb or trade down

I think we'll try to trade down...and if we cant, Smith just might be our pick. Sage will never be starting material and wont affect any decision.

if we dont trade down, a WR would be even cheaper than a RB

Back
Top Bottom