If the TB trade does happen, can Minny be next? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the TB trade does happen, can Minny be next?

dolfan4good

Section 451 Row 10 Seats 14-15
Reaction score
If we do trade down with TB, I think that we are in a Prime Position to deal with Minnesota as well. Here's how....

1. SF - Rodgers
2. TB - Alex Smith
3. Cleveland expecting to get Smith now selects one of the two WR's Williams or Edwards.
4. Bears - Benson
5. Miami - Fools Minnesota into thinking we want the other WR. Minnesota trades because it is now MUCH cheaper to trade up 2 spots instead of 5 and have to get ahead of the Titans who are also looking for WR help. So the trade happens.

At 7 we still have the option of Brown or Caddy, depending on the Titan pick.

How's that for an awesome scenario. I'll let you guys decide the we get in compensation from TB and Minny.

I like that but the bears arent expecting brown to fall into there laps they will take him if he does...but that would be very interesting

phillyphinphan said:
I think Minn would be satisfied with Williamson at 7...

Williamson isn't going #7. He's not a top 15 player. The highest I've seen him go in any mock is 9 to Washington and that was changed within a few days. He is a poor route runner. Everything else is good, but look at Reggie Williams (#9 to Jacksonville in 04). He had all the tools except route running. To say he was a major bust last year was an understatement.

I would like it more if the Bears picked Williams, that would put The Vikes in trouble with only Williamson left, we could say we are picking him + The Titans also want a WR (probably) so it would work that way, I would like a 2nd and 3rd from The Bucs and a 3rd, and next years 3rd from the Vikes.

Joey 22 said:
I would like it more if the Bears picked Williams, that would put The Vikes in trouble with only Williamson left, we could sat we are picking him + The Titans also want a WR (probably) so it would work that way, I would like a 2nd and 3rd from The Bucs and a 3rd, and next years 3rd from the Vikes.
I don't think the Vikes "reach" for Williamson that high. If both top WR are gone then the Vikes will stay put or even trade down.

I don't see the Titans going offense here. I know Norm Chow will want that, and if Williams does fall to sixth, Fisher may take him. However, they have purged their defense completely and need young players there. I could see Antrelle Rolle or Derrick Johnson going to Tennesee. Plus, if Edwards or Williams fall past the top three, I wouldn't be surprised is Chicago nabs one. They have a decent runner in Jones and could use some help alongside Mushin.

Hostile7 said:
Williamson isn't going #7. He's not a top 15 player. The highest I've seen him go in any mock is 9 to Washington and that was changed within a few days. He is a poor route runner. Everything else is good, but look at Reggie Williams (#9 to Jacksonville in 04). He had all the tools except route running. To say he was a major bust last year was an understatement.

Rookie wide receivers rarely make the type of impact that Michael Clayton made last season. Reggie Williams will be fine.

Some teams have Williamson ahead of Williams right now, and most of those teams are projecting Williams as a tight end.

Back
Top Bottom