If there is a shred of truth to the Deshawn Watson rumor..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If there is a shred of truth to the Deshawn Watson rumor.....

Houston isn’t trading Watson. Forget about it.

Would’ve defeated the purpose of acquiring Tunsil.

Not paying Hopkins made sense, the compensation they received didn’t. BOB is a bad negotiator, that’s all.

Watson is not being moved. Even for 3 firsts, what’s the point for Houston? They’d barely have recovered back the LT picks for that.

The fact that we’d all take in a heartbeat is enough to show you it’s not an option.

Case closed.

I can't imagine he has job security past next season. They don't make many like Hopkins, what he traded him for was borderline criminal.

His only saving grace would be if David Johnson finds his old form.

He is not going to be traded Head Coach will get fired eventually after this year if Houston does not make playoffs and Watson will stay. Looks like Houston will draft a WR with thier first pick.

Dude said he would draft Yasir Durant over Becton, Wills, Wirfs, Thomas.

Heh! Largo's not so bad. I almost never agree with him, but he is fairly consistent. He honestly believe that you need to draft 'skill positions' first. He gets fascinated with super fast offensive players... I've accused him of trying to build the Dolphins like one builds a FFL team... but our back and forth has been in jest. I don't think any of this comes from a negative place...

Mind you, if we draft a bunch of WRs and offensive backs instead of linemen, I may cough on a letter and send it to his house! ;)

Though he is a player I might trade for, who says the get back all their picks...They can have their 1st this year and a 2nd next year, or the Steelers 1st, and a 3rd next year.

He’s good but only one year left then he’s going to get 35-40 million a year. I truly believe the way to be successful is in the qbs first 4 years when they are cheap. It’s so hard to win when your AB takes up almost 1/4 of your salary cap. Steelers did it with Big Ben, seahawks with Wilson, chiefs with Mahomes. You only have a 4-5 year window before you have to choose either your qb or your star DE, Corner and wide receiver. You’re going to chose what every time but it makes it that much harder playing without those big name players at 3-4 spots that now go to paying the qb. If those is the plan I won’t be surprised to see Burrow. Even trading all 3 first you still have the draft capital and money to make a legitimate run at a Super Bowl the next 4-5 years.

Pipe dreams. I mean it's great to think what ifs, but there is no way Houston would be that dumb. But heck yea I would definitely give up the fifth pick for him

I've never seen a QB run into as many sacks as does Watson...good QB,tho..

lol. He’s got exactly what every elite QB in this era has ... the ability to escape, buy time and make a play.

Exhibit A, the play he made to help win the playoff game against Buffalo (2nd play in the video).

I’d rather have a QB that can make plays like above, even of that means he runs into a few bad ones, than a QB like, say, Jimmy Garoppolo, who holds the ball too long and takes sacks in the pocket.

There’s no way there is any truth to these Watson rumors. But if there was, I’d give up #5, one of next season’s 1st round picks (whichever one they prefer) and possibly even one more high round pick.

The Dolphins could still land o-line help with 18, 26 and their other picks.

But it ain’t gonna happen.

Last edited:
I’ll take Burrow

That’s worse than crazy talk. Wow.

Not only did Watson show more in college, he’s currently a proven top level NFL QB.

Yet you’d take an unproven 1 year wonder with an average arm and small hands.

Talk about being snowballed. I’d love to be a car salesman or real estate agent with customer’s like you walking in the door.

I’m into drafting rookies until Miami gets it right. I want to prolong the day of having a 40 million dollar QB as long as possible.

People talking about Tua’s injuries then wanting Watson? Watson has had an ACL and LCL injury, clavicle injury, ankle injury and a few of those injuries happened while in the NFL. The ACL was the one that caused him to drop in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom