If Trent Williams is released? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Trent Williams is released?

Call me crazy but I’d trade X for Williams. With X and his knee issue might only be elite for 2 years same as Williams.

Call me crazy but I’d trade X for Williams. With X and his knee issue might only be elite for 2 years same as Williams.
If were spending that kind of money

IT better be for Chris Jones....period...

There's a lot of misinformation out there. Trent Williams and his agent have been unable to find any team willing to pay him "quarterback money" and make a reasonable offer in trade for him. The Redskins knew this going in and that's why they gave him and his agent permission to try to arrange a trade. Now that Williams and his agent have, indeed, found out that they have grossly overestimated the market, they have, yet again, resorted to trying to negotiate in the media, which of course doesn't help their case at all. The agent has been classified as "bizarre" by several NFL GMs. With the new CBA, Williams has zero leverage. My guess is he will be playing left tackle for the Washington Redskins if and when the 2020 season starts. He must report when camp opens or he doesn't accrue the season and is bound for yet another year under his contract. And, no, the Redskins aren't going to just cut him. A lot of folks bought into Williams' claims regarding the medical when he put that out to the media after already holding out over money. Now that none of the people he supposedly had a grievance with are still with the team, the schtick has gotten old and the true motives are clear. $$$. The guy is a really good tackle, but has really hurt himself with all of this.

He is past his prime now. Sitting out a whole season really hurts as well. Yes he may be 100% healthy but he's older, 32, another step behind, hasn't hit an NFL opponent since when?

Also, attitude? Where is it at? He didn't handle anything well with the Redskins in the last year. They didn't budge on his whining and hold out. He pouted. Who wants that?

He's said to be looking at roughly a 3 year deal in 50 mil range? (35m guaranteed) LOL Good luck! I wouldn't do 3 yr 45m. At best, I would do 2 year 24 mil but I assume something like that would have to be 100% guaranteed.

I assume someone will give him 2 years guaranteed, so teams looking to grab him on the cheap at 1 year won't have any luck. I'd be surprised if he landed in Miami.

He is past his prime now. Sitting out a whole season really hurts as well. Yes he may be 100% healthy but he's older, 32, another step behind, hasn't hit an NFL opponent since when?

Also, attitude? Where is it at? He didn't handle anything well with the Redskins in the last year. They didn't budge on his whining and hold out. He pouted. Who wants that?

He's said to be looking at roughly a 3 year deal in 50 mil range? (35m guaranteed) LOL Good luck! I wouldn't do 3 yr 45m. At best, I would do 2 year 24 mil but I assume something like that would have to be 100% guaranteed.

I assume someone will give him 2 years guaranteed, so teams looking to grab him on the cheap at 1 year won't have any luck. I'd be surprised if he landed in Miami.

I don't think he'll ever be 100% healthy again.

Based on the things i read about his knee and his dislocated finger, amongst all the other injuries, that wear and tear has an effect on your body. I respect him a lot more for playing through a lot of that. He's one tough SOB. I can see why he sat a year and wasn't going to put his body through another year with that Redskins staff, but a year on the couch does not usually help big guys.

Agree with Danny, and believe me It is very tempting for me to want to see him in Dolphins Uniform, but too much money, too injury prone, too old, and feels too much like mistakes of the past that have gotten us no where.

Miami is on a youth kick of players with actual sensible contracts.

Miami needs to show discipline to their new FA philosophy.

Last edited:
We spent a lot of money in the last week getting players with upside who could be part of the team for years to come. Guys who could be better in 2-3 years when we are (hopefully) a competitive team. I just don’t see Williams as a guy who fits into what our current staff is trying to do. I think he is an elite LT...now...but who knows where he will be in 2-3 years given his extensive injury history.

Yeah. That's one Howard trade I'd go for, and the Chiefs would probably be interested in a corner.
You keep Howard and hope he's healthy. Next offseason free agency Miami can pursue more pieces. They cannot overextend this offseason. The draft will have many DT options.

The Redskins should consider taking what they can get for Williams at this point. I don’t see anyone giving up a 2nd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom