If Tua is the pick do you draft 2 QBs this year due to health? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tua is the pick do you draft 2 QBs this year due to health?

I am for maybe picking a qb each year unless we are set up with a strong 1 and 2 but this isn't the year for two imo as as others have said, we need so much. Welcome to the best Dolphin forum.
Great response. So, I guess make this Fitz's team this year until Tua is healthy and then draft somebody the following year?

IF you break your leg are you considered fragile, those injuries he incurred wasn't gimmicks hit they were pounding him on his ass, if the dolphins bypass Tua it will be a mistake

Great response. So, I guess make this Fitz's team this year until Tua is healthy and then draft somebody the following year?
I am hoping it's the Fitz and Rosen show should our staff have any faith at all in Rosen, if not I suspect he'll be gone. I have heard from a friend who knows Mike G that Fitz would be welcomed in 20. Imagine a year grooming a rook (Rosen or other) and having Fitz make our receiving core better while finding a long term oline?

IF you break your leg are you considered fragile, those injuries he incurred wasn't gimmicks hit they were pounding him on his ***, if the dolphins bypass Tua it will be a mistake
I see your point and hear the passion. But regardless of gimmick or not gimmick plays that caused the injuries, he gets injured often. He'll need to extend plays and the defensive players are now even faster and stronger on average. So, how does that result in him staying healthy especially on a team that is still righting the O Line ship? Other QBs take big hits and get up and walk away with much more frequency. I want Tua as our QB. No question. I agree that his skills are ridiculous and we should do whatever it takes to get him. This thread was specifically to address a solid backup plan for him in Fromm or Hurts as we need a top tier backup not just Joe Schmoe Rosen. We have Fitzpatrick which is GREAT backup but for how long?

To me, step one of this is signing Fitz to a long term extension. Give the guy $20 MM guaranteed for the next five years. Let him groom and then backup Tua or whoever. Overpay him so he finishes his career here and you have that part solidified.

Isn't the definition of fragile something that gets broken easily? Regardless of how he gets hurt, he does get hurt and that's with some of the best college players protecting him. I agree, he's a generational passer, but if history is any indicator, he's going to get hurt a fair bit (hope I'm wrong).
His most recent history is not good

if I drive a car and don’t get a demerit for 10 years and then I get two separate infractions in the same month - what is my Driving History?

To me, step one of this is signing Fitz to a long term extension. Give the guy $20 MM guaranteed for the next five years. Let him groom and then backup Tua or whoever. Overpay him so he finishes his career here and you have that part solidified.
yah no

As many have already noted, with Fitz and Rosen already on the roster, the Dolphins do not need to draft more than one QB in the draft. If they draft a QB with one of their first round picks, they obviously would have to be convinced this QB is likely their long term answer at the position.

The Dolphins have far too many holes on their roster to use 2 of their draft picks on the QB position. If they do draft Tua and then find out next year that his hip will not allow him to play at a high level in the NFL, they can always use one of their first round picks in the 2021 draft to select another QB.

osen didn't see the field much this year making me think he wasn't as good as Fitz. Do you all view someone not as good as Fitz to be the person you want to put in when Tua gets hurt?

Woof.

So you are 100% convinced Rosen is NOT the guy, based off of... the absence of evidence...

and you're convinced we should give a THIRTY EIGHT YEAR OLD QB a FIVE YEAR EXTENSION to GROOM TUA. FIVE YEARS GUARANTEED.

His most recent history is not good

if I drive a car and don’t get a demerit for 10 years and then I get two separate infractions in the same month - what is my Driving History?

Your insurance company will not care about your 10 years of clean driving. They will look at the two infractions in one month and raise your insurance rates because they will now consider you an insurance risk.

Back
Top Bottom