If Tua is the pick we need a RT not a LT in round one | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tua is the pick we need a RT not a LT in round one

Pressure comes from anywhere. We need a better O line period. You don't take the 7th best OT instead of the 3rd best just because he's a RT.

" Better OL, " Man I'm with you 100%

With the money we have and the assets built this previous year we have the capability of building a friggin real impressive OL. 2 FA and a couple high quality OL in the draft which IMO will be available after even the 2nd rd.

We can build this OL and still have enough $$$ and assets to fortify many areas of need. Another DE, LB, S. I mean we have a very unusual opportunity this year and probably even very good next year. JMO.

And at this point my concern is if the organization see's the importance

We need to draft impact players in round one. We have very little actual starting caliber talent. When very few positions are not a need trying to focus on a position (other than QB) would be stupid. I want to base our picks on the players available.

Just a reminder that Tua is a southpaw. So, if he's the pick we need to make the big OL pick a RT not a LT. What do you guys think about Willis probably at #25? Not only from Bama but the RT that watched Tua's back from there. Curious what thise who watch Bama regularly think about him. If not him, who do we want in draft or FA knowing the RT would be the main spot on the line with a southpaw.

Below excerpt is from here: https://walterfootball.com/draft2020ot.php

"
  1. Alabama_logo.gif
    Jedrick Wills*, OT, Alabama
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 320.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.17.
    Projected Round (2020): 1-2.
    1/13/20: Wills was the starting right tackle for Alabama in 2019 and had an excellent season for the Crimson Tide. He has the strength to open holes in the ground game with the quickness and athleticism to block on the edge. Wills looks like a quick starter at right tackle in the NFL. As a sophomore in 2018, Wills earned the starting spot on the right edge and remained the starter at right tackle over 2018 and 2019."
Yes if Tua is the pick RT is more important than LT

Just a reminder that Tua is a southpaw. So, if he's the pick we need to make the big OL pick a RT not a LT. What do you guys think about Willis probably at #25? Not only from Bama but the RT that watched Tua's back from there. Curious what thise who watch Bama regularly think about him. If not him, who do we want in draft or FA knowing the RT would be the main spot on the line with a southpaw.

"
  1. Alabama_logo.gif
    1/13/20: Wills was the starting right tackle for Alabama in 2019 and had an excellent season for the Crimson Tide. He has the strength to open holes in the ground game with the quickness and athleticism to block on the edge. Wills looks like a quick starter at right tackle in the NFL. As a sophomore in 2018, Wills earned the starting spot on the right edge and remained the starter at right tackle over 2018 and 2019."

Man, people love sneaking in these Tua threads and littering the board. Can’t anyone here come up with an original conversation anymore??? I know everyone loves to get attention but it’s getting outlandish now. But anyway, who cares, Tua is not gonna be a Fin and if he is, he won’t be starting. And I think we already needed two OTs whether draft Tua or not. If you look at this line it’s common sense what we need

I'd be shocked if Wirfs or Wills make it anywhere close to 18. Obviously, Thomas as well for that matter.

We'd be fortunate to land Becton or Jones there.

If Thomas falls to 18 then Miami is laughing at the extra 1st they have in 2021 because they replaced Tunsil in the first shot

It kind of does. LT probably 4th out of the big 4: QB, DE, CB, LT. Teams just have to switch sides for their best pass rusher opposite of the opposing teams LT if they’re that worried about him.

the point isn’t about the edge rusher. The point is the QBs vision. A right handed QB when naturally standing in the pocket has his back turned to the left side making the LT more important. A lefty is facing left, so the RT is protecting where he can’t see.
With a lefty QB, RT moves into your top 4 I think

My big board for offensive line (since we are so needy, we can take either!) and im phone posting so if its spelled wrong then... whatever.

1. Thomas UGA
2. Tristan Wharf IOWA
3. Jedrick Willis Jr BAMA
4. Biadasz WISC
5. Austin Jackson USC
6. Becton LOU
7. Berry C from LSU
8. Trey Adams Washington

Biadasz had an awful year coming off injury...will probably fall to the third round.

If the Dolphins draft Tua, they should draft teachers and send him to broadcasting school! Then he can put his smarts to good use! Which teachers should they draft at 18 and 26? My Grandma is a F#$@ing great teacher and linguist btw! I say they draft her at 18! I mean, if they are just giving up on drafting productive future players...why not?!!! P.S. My grandma can build a castle! He will be safe at all times!

Last edited:
Love the kid but hate the injury! Please for the love of GOD!... Someone....anyone....name one player that has come back from a broken hip in the NFL? PLEASE! I want to be wrong!

I would pick best tackle available. If Tua is the pick, he isn’t playing in 2020. We have 2 drafts and 2 offseasons to get the line right.

"
  1. Alabama_logo.gif

The world will not crumble if they draft Tua at 5 and draft a LT before a RT. Relax.

Back
Top Bottom