If Tua stays in school... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tua stays in school...

Scorned Rosen fan. This post makes sense.

Its not a Rosen thing. I too have serious concerns about Tua, from watching him play. Durability aside, who has he beaten? What would his numbers look like if he didn’t have two future first round WRs to throw to? Why did he crumble against Clemsons defense?
Meanwhile, Justin Fields has put up almost identical numbers, while playing against multiple ranked teams

The more I look at Tua the less I like. Lacks ideal size. Durability issues.
More facilitator (i.e., point guard) than dominator. I certainly don't see a
future Aaron Rogers. Weak arm.

Tua: 6'1" 218 lbs
Rodgers: 6'2" 225 lbs

Tua has missed one game during his career

Tua: 6'1" 218 lbs
Rodgers: 6'2" 225 lbs

Tua has missed one game during his career

Hello. After a pedestrian tackle = needs surgery!

Beyond that I've heard a lot of excuses for him supposedly playing injured...

Last -- I seriously hope you're not trying to compare Tua to Aaron Rodgers!

:lol:

That would really change the narrative. I’d still expect us to go for a QB, but not necessarily with our first pick. Maybe Burrow or Herbert.

The more I look at Tua the less I like. Lacks ideal size. Durability issues.
More facilitator (i.e., point guard) than dominator. I certainly don't see a
future Aaron Rogers. Weak arm.

Lacks velocity on intermediate and deeper throws. His lack of zip will be
exponentially more critical in Pros (doubt he participates in the combine
because his arm will be exposed). Escapability and scrambling are good,
not great. The "system" and players around him significantly mask his
weaknesses. That won't be true in the NFL.

Couple that with a potential draft like this:

R1
Chase Young
Andrew Thomas
Creed Humphrey

R2
Jake Fromm
or Jordon Love

I'm more than OK if he stays away!

Pretty sure Humphrey will be there in the 2nd round.

Pretty sure Humphrey will be there in the 2nd round.

Noooooooooooooooo way!

I mean I'd love that! But I think he's 1st IOL off the board.

Wouldn't shock me if he's inside top 20.

But what do I know!?

I just see him as a dominate PRO for years and years...

The dude is a certified Nasty animal!

Its not a Rosen thing. I too have serious concerns about Tua, from watching him play. Durability aside, who has he beaten? What would his numbers look like if he didn’t have two future first round WRs to throw to? Why did he crumble against Clemsons defense?
Meanwhile, Justin Fields has put up almost identical numbers, while playing against multiple ranked teams

He’s lost one game in 22 starts so he’s beat a lot of team. Start with Georgia in the national championship. It wasn’t a start but since Jalen Hurts hadn’t scored a point in two quarters, I will give the comeback win to tua. Beat the number two defense in college football last year. Beat LSU in LSU last year. Had 6 TDs against Auburn last year. Beat Oklahoma. Beat Texas A&M. Had 5 TDs against SC which beat Georgia this year. I could go on but get the picture.

Who do you think is better? Are they playing with a bunch of scrubs since Bama has good WRs you are holding that against Tua.

He’s missed one game in two years. Mahomes has missed more games with a worse injury. Do the chiefs need to trade him?

He threw for 295 yards and 2 TDs against the best defense in college football (Clemson) . If that’s him crumbling, sign me up for all his crumbling.

I think I covered all your questions.

I want Tua. I like Joe Burrow, don' get me wrong but with the number of draft picks and cap space we have I actually think we can draft a whole system instead of just a player.

People talk about how the top 4 or so QBs have great supporting casts all the way through #4 with Love being the highest ranked QB with a poor suporting cast and it just got worse... so bad, it's making him look bad.

Even Eason my #6 has a great OL... Kostello had Little, they're both injured now.

So, teams often sign coordinators and position coaches from successful college programs they drafted players from.

We did it with Tanny and Wilkins.

We just couldn't afford to draft Tanny's OL or Wilkins co-linemen.

We have two Wisconsin rush LOLBs, two Oh St. MLBs...

I would like to draft the most efficient 'system' QB with the best supporting cast and draft the whole supporting cast if posible.

Back
Top Bottom