If tue that Anquan is beening shopped to Miami,than is Earl Thomas a given? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If tue that Anquan is beening shopped to Miami,than is Earl Thomas a given?

gibril wilson a safer tackle than eric berry??? no way

eric berry takes much better angles than gibril wilson...has 10 times better awareness...better hips better acceleration...better ball awareness better everything...

i think berry tried to lay the wood more and come in high a lot this year cause he was used primarily as an in the box run defender...there's no question in my mind that eric berry as a free safety for us would not only fill that huge hole in our defense but be one of the best in the game...

i can't for the life of me agree with gibril wilson is a safer tackler...gibril wilson is garbage as a free safety...

i do agree that yeremiah bell is a good form tackler...when he doesn't just whiff outright...

How about something like:

Sign A. Boldin (for a 3rd) and K. Dansby
Round 1 - Brandon Graham
Round 2 - Nate Allen
Round 3 - traded for Boldin
Round 4 - Cam Thomas

We could fill in a lot our needs this way.

gibril wilson a safer tackle than eric berry??? no way

eric berry takes much better angles than gibril wilson...has 10 times better awareness...better hips better acceleration...better ball awareness better everything...

i think berry tried to lay the wood more and come in high a lot this year cause he was used primarily as an in the box run defender...there's no question in my mind that eric berry as a free safety for us would not only fill that huge hole in our defense but be one of the best in the game...

i can't for the life of me agree with gibril wilson is a safer tackler...gibril wilson is garbage as a free safety...

i do agree that yeremiah bell is a good form tackler...when he doesn't just whiff outright...

Prior to this year, Wilson was reliable when it came to the aspect of tackling. For some reason it didn't click this year. I agree Berry is better in every aspect of the game than Wilson outside of tackling. Wilson is garbage at FS, but again he is a SS who has reliable tackling skills exempt from this year.

And Bell had basically 0 missed tackles the entire year. I dont understand where you get the idea that he whiffs outright, if ever.

Bell is basically the safest bet you have at Safety when it comes to tackling. Yes, that means over Polamalu, Dawkins, Bethea, Sanders, etc.

i like allens hips and change of direction a lot...not sure about his tackling...as in how sure a tackler he is...

looks pretty good to me in coverage though...

Prior to this year, Wilson was reliable when it came to the aspect of tackling. For some reason it didn't click this year. I agree Berry is better in every aspect of the game than Wilson outside of tackling. Wilson is garbage at FS, but again he is a SS who has reliable tackling skills exempt from this year.

And Bell had basically 0 missed tackles the entire year. I dont understand where you get the idea that he whiffs outright, if ever.

Bell is basically the safest bet you have at Safety when it comes to tackling. Yes, that means over Polamalu, Dawkins, Bethea, Sanders, etc.

i don't have an issue with bell at all...i like bell a lot as a ss...but i just say i have DEFINITELY seen him come up in run support into the hole and dive and whiff outright on a ball carrier...not many times but i've seen it...

i think he's a much more reliable and better all around ss than gibril wilson...it's not close for me

i'd like to see gibril wilson released as soon as possible...either that or take a cut and return as a backup ss (but that's it)

Y. Bell missed more than one tackle. Off the top of my head, he whiffed (BAD) on the Tony Gonzalez TD in WK 1.

i don't have an issue with bell at all...i like bell a lot as a ss...but i just say i have DEFINITELY seen him come up in run support into the hole and dive and whiff outright on a ball carrier...not many times but i've seen it...

i think he's a much more reliable and better all around ss than gibril wilson...it's not close for me

i'd like to see gibril wilson released as soon as possible...either that or take a cut and return as a backup ss (but that's it)

What I am suspecting is that the Dolphins will not draft a Safety in this draft. They will most likely keep Wilson, but have an open competition with Chris Clemons. What I am aware of is that the coaching staff REALLY likes Chris Clemons and his potential. Parcells is a huge fan and Coach Sparano is the one who infused Clemons into the starting lineup. Clemons loves to hit, is extremely physical, has legit 4.3 speed, and has the ability to make things happen when things click for him. He's got good football IQ. I think he has the potential to be our long-term answer at FS.

Y. Bell missed more than one tackle. Off the top of my head, he whiffed (BAD) on the Tony Gonzalez TD in WK 1.

I think thats the missed tackle he is accounted for and the Mendenhall wasn't counted towards him since he was already on the ground from being chopped blocked.

According to Pro Football Focus, he had 1 missed tackle.

What I am suspecting is that the Dolphins will not draft a Safety in this draft. They will most likely keep Wilson, but have an open competition with Chris Clemons. What I am aware of is that the coaching staff REALLY likes Chris Clemons and his potential. Parcells is a huge fan and Coach Sparano is the one who infused Clemons into the starting lineup. Clemons loves to hit, is extremely physical, has legit 4.3 speed, and has the ability to make things happen when things click for him. He's got good football IQ. I think he has the potential to be our long-term answer at FS.

i think clemons has upside and we know he's got great speed...not sure i see a player that plays as fast as he times but that may be more tentativeness in his rookie season than anything...

however...what i did see and i didn't like was poor change of direction in the open field when a ballcarrier was heading downhill at him...they would make cuts and when he tried to put his foot in the ground and do the same he was unable to do so and seemed to almost lose his balance with the quick movement...and never got within 3 yards of the ballcarrier...

Last edited by a moderator:
i think wilson has upside and we know he's got great speed...not sure i see a player that plays as fast as he times but that may be more tentativeness in his rookie season than anything...

however...what i did see and i didn't like was poor change of direction in the open field when a ballcarrier was heading downhill at him...they would make cuts and when he tried to put his foot in the ground and do the same he was unable to do so and seemed to almost lose his balance with the quick movement...and never got within 3 yards of the ballcarrier...

I think a lot of that was playing out of position in a stupid defense. PP was maybe the worst DC in all of football last season. I think he'll be a fine SS next season.

i think wilson has upside and we know he's got great speed...not sure i see a player that plays as fast as he times but that may be more tentativeness in his rookie season than anything...

I think you mean Clemons.

What I saw from these 3 instances which you recall (Cotchery Catch in 2nd NYJ game, Jacoby Jones catch in HOU game, and Mike Wallace TD catch) its more than meets the eye. In the NYJ game, Clemons was the last line of defense. Cotchery was running down the sidelines and Clemons took an angle to make Cotchery cut back inside where Clemons knew he had help. Had he went straight to Cotchery with an angle, he could have whiffed and essentially given up the TD. Instead, he herded Cotchery back inside to Sean Smith and Nate Jones. This is an example of Clemons and his good football IQ. The Jacoby Jones catch, Clemons came from across the field due to the missed tackle of Smith. Clemons had no angle as he Jones was basically in the endzone. The 3rd catch was Clemons coming from the opposite hashmark and almost making a play on the ball when Wallace was not his assignment.

oops yeah i meant clemons...lol

the cotchery play cotchery's no burner so to me even though clemons did force him back inside towards the pursuit imo he should have been able to close that gap much better than he did...

the wallace td i find no fault in clemons for...somebody else blew that one and it was only his speed that allowed him to be even close on the play...

i understand what you're saying but imo a guy with 4.35 speed should be able to do a better job of closing on a ballcarrier in the open field and not just flushing them in the opposite direction...there should be some closing of the distance...unless the change of direction is lacking...and that's where i see at least a possible issue

but admittedly it's a small sample size to go off of...

oops yeah i meant clemons...lol

the cotchery play cotchery's no burner so to me even though clemons did force him back inside towards the pursuit imo he should have been able to close that gap much better than he did...

the wallace td i find no fault in clemons for...somebody else blew that one and it was only his speed that allowed him to be even close on the play...

i understand what you're saying but imo a guy with 4.35 speed should be able to do a better job of closing on a ballcarrier in the open field and not just flushing them in the opposite direction...there should be some closing of the distance...unless the change of direction is lacking...and that's where i see at least a possible issue

but admittedly it's a small sample size to go off of...

I think its a combination of change of direction and being a rookie. Lets see next year if he takes off the reigns and does what he did at Clemson. I watched about 10 of his games at Clemson. He had good change of direction and was able to close in fast to the ball-carrier. For some reason he didn't do that this year.

I think its a combination of change of direction and being a rookie. Lets see next year if he takes off the reigns and does what he did at Clemson. I watched about 10 of his games at Clemson. He had good change of direction and was able to close in fast to the ball-carrier. For some reason he didn't do that this year.

i'm down with that...barring an eric berry dropping to pick #12 lol

Back
Top Bottom