If tue that Anquan is beening shopped to Miami,than is Earl Thomas a given? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If tue that Anquan is beening shopped to Miami,than is Earl Thomas a given?

won't work in the NFL

I'll let you know AFTER he actually plays in a NFL game.

But thats why you have TC and stuff, to work out the kinks in players and teach them the NFL game.

If Eric Berry is on the board at 12(miracle) we better not pass up on him. Not to mention the scouting report for him in my sig, the last bolded line says enough.

I said at the most... meaning, he's either here at what we're paying him now, or he restructures with a pay cut to stay here. either way, I am of the opinion he isn't going anywhere.

would anybody in there right mind restructure in oakland. I doubt it, the point would be to get the hell out of town.
yea your prolly right...b/w I wasnt questioning your logic,just sayin....my bad:up:

I'll let you know AFTER he actually plays in a NFL game.

But thats why you have TC and stuff, to work out the kinks in players and teach them the NFL game.

If Eric Berry is on the board at 12(miracle) we better not pass up on him. Not to mention the scouting report for him in my sig, the last bolded line says enough.

While he is a solid tackler and has his hits and misses. He also has these blunders 3-4 times per game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tK-ttHGJRU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3UVnudTSYA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp3RL2s5BV0

When Berry does break down in the open field, his feet don't move and you see that "broken ankles" play where he simply can't accelerate fast enough, and he dives and reaches and misses the tackle. I know most people think he's flawless, but he does have a pretty big flaw in his game. He's a very good safety that's going to miss a lot of tackles at the next level... he'll make a lot of tackles as well

Berry is a GREAT prospect, but lets not ignore his flaws.

How about something like:

Sign A. Boldin (for a 3rd) and K. Dansby
Round 1 - Brandon Graham
Round 2 - Nate Allen
Round 3 - traded for Boldin
Round 4 - Cam Thomas

We could fill in a lot our needs this way.

No way Cam Thomas makes it to our 4th round pick. If we are going to draft a NT, its 'got' to be at #43. Just replace Nate Allen with Cam Thomas or Mount Cody.

We really need to either sign Rolle (if released), or move Wilson to backup SS and either start Jason Allen or Clemons at FS. Or if Will Allen wins a starting CB spot, move Vontae to FS? Hmm. Agree with the trade #74 for Boldin and wouldn't be upset with Graham at #12, though he does scare me a bit at #12. Mat Roth at #12? :ponder:

I don't know, Brandon Graham reminds me of Matt Roth. Short arms, great motor, sets the edge against the run good. Is Roth worth the #12 pick? I don't know.

Earl Thomas reminds me a lot of Jason Allen, not saying he will be a bust or anything, but very similiar in build and game.

I wouldn't shut the door on Eric Berry being available just yet guys. He may just slip to #12. Not likely, but still very possible. You heard it here first. :pray:

Matt Roth!?!?!?

C'mon, they may have similar measurements, but their production is not even close. Graham had 10 sacks and was second in the nation in TFL in 2008, and he posted another 10 sacks and led the nation in TFL in 2009. He spends most of his time in the opponents backfield, he made that evident during the Senior Bowl. This guy is a difference maker, he will make BIG PLAYS.

Roth never put up those kind of numbers in the Big 10.

As much as he has been off the mark for years at USF when I would watch him, considering the pro talent that he was supposed to have, I have to appreciate what Nate Allen has brought to the table this year.

Good safety class. My question is when you can get Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, Larry Asante or Kam Chancellor later in the draft...why are you drafting Earl Thomas at #12? Keep in mind those guys like Allen, Chancellor, Asante and Burnett will probably fall even further down the board because someone will absolutely overdraft Taylor Mays.

And heck, Chad Jones is worth more of a shout than Taylor Mays.

Eric Berry I can see but not Earl Thomas. He's a good player, no doubt. I think a team might strike paydirt a little more quickly, a little more solidly, if they move him to CB...but regardless, he's a good player.

Back
Top Bottom