If tue that Anquan is beening shopped to Miami,than is Earl Thomas a given? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If tue that Anquan is beening shopped to Miami,than is Earl Thomas a given?

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
If true that Anquan is beeing shopped to Miami,than is Earl Thomas a given?

Before I get into it,I would like to admit I really havent looked up Earls play,so Im basically blind man at a playboy convention.

Anways,bleacherreports is saying that the Arizona Cardinals are pressing shopping Anquan to Miami....so long as they provide the proper compensation[believed to be a 3rd rounder]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ions-at-wr?search_query=Miami Dolphins#page/7

If you dont see it at first,click the arrow on slideshow to no. 1,and it'll explain.

My thing is,if McClain is already gone,and Dez Bryant is too(even if he isn't,Im sorry,I gotta see it to believe this FO will take him),I really dont see good value at all....not at 12.

The player I like most,if that scenerio should play out,is Brandon Graham,cause I believe he is the next Lamarr Woodley,playing SOLB for us.On the other hand,Gibril Wilson is probably going to be cut,and I really dont know where Clemsons' game is right now.

Can someone(with good insight....) make me aware of Earl Thomas' pros & cons?

Last edited by a moderator:
If we get boldin which we probably won't but if we do I would go with Brandon Graham over Thomas then get Nate Allen in the second

Think a few of the guys around here have been saying that they see Thomas ending up as a CB.

Think a few of the guys around here have been saying that they see Thomas ending up as a CB.

He is going to end up at CB. He's 5'9 and doesn't have an extremely physical style of play to make up for his lack of height.

I'm sure you don't want a 5'9 FS who is not in love with physicality as our last line of the defense.

Look at the two FS we have on our roster right now. Gibril Wilson is 6'0 200 and Chris Clemons is 6'1 205.

Earl Thomas is 5'9 185

He is going to end up at CB. He's 5'9 and doesn't have an extremely physical style of play to make up for his lack of height.

I'm sure you don't want a 5'9 FS who is not in love with physicality as our last line of the defense.

Look at the two FS we have on our roster right now. Gibril Wilson is 6'0 200 and Chris Clemons is 6'1 205.

Earl Thomas is 5'9 185

I'll be interested to see how he measures. Everything I see lists him at 5'10 197.

He was one of the 10 best players in college football last season - regardless of position. Due to his exceptional range and instincts, I think he can make up for his lack of size and dominate in a system like Nolan's. I'd take him 10 out of 10 times - for our team - over Graham (and I like Graham). E. Griffen is the sleeper at 12. If he interviews well with our staff, he'll likely be the best talent at 12.

I don't know, Brandon Graham reminds me of Matt Roth. Short arms, great motor, sets the edge against the run good. Is Roth worth the #12 pick? I don't know.

Earl Thomas reminds me a lot of Jason Allen, not saying he will be a bust or anything, but very similiar in build and game.

I wouldn't shut the door on Eric Berry being available just yet guys. He may just slip to #12. Not likely, but still very possible. You heard it here first. :pray:

I don't know, Brandon Graham reminds me of Matt Roth. Short arms, great motor, sets the edge against the run good. Is Roth worth the #12 pick? I don't know.

Earl Thomas reminds me a lot of Jason Allen, not saying he will be a bust or anything, but very similiar in build and game.

I wouldn't shut the door on Eric Berry being available just yet guys. He may just slip to #12. Not likely, but still very possible. You heard it here first. :pray:

Nah, there's been talking of Berry falling. Let's hope. For my money, he's the best player in the draft.

Personally cant see him getting past the Seahawks at 6 but lets hope so.

Nah, there's been talking of Berry falling. Let's hope. For my money, he's the best player in the draft.

Yeah, and if we do end up sending the #74th pick to ARI for Boldin, I wouldn't risk hoping that one of the NTs will fall to us in the 4th round, so I would designate the #43 pick for the best available NT out of Cam Thomas and Mt Cody.

Now, of course, if we pick up A Rolle, Berry wouldn't be the pick, it would be best available OLB. Even w/o signing A Rolle, I believe that the #12 pick will still end up being best available OLB. If we don't pick up Rolle and Berry is available and we have intentions on picking him up...I could see MIA sending a 2011 first round pick to a team for a RFA for a SOLB like a Shawn Merriman of SD. :ponder:

Graham lead the NCAA in TKL(tackles for loss) at a major college program...I mean,Iowa a good school,but c'mon,whos gonna choose Iowa over Michigan.Graham is considered in the top 5-6 best pass rushers in the NCAA the last few years,and Im sorry but Roth couldnt...

Back
Top Bottom