IF Tyler Linderbaum falls to the 2nd round... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF Tyler Linderbaum falls to the 2nd round...

If Tyler Linderbaum fall to the 2nd Round...

• Total voters

Hoot

Keeper of the Old Code
Club Member
Reaction score
I don't anticipate Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa-Center) falling out of the first round, but I've been seeing more mocks where he drops to the 2nd. For example, Lance Zierlein's latest on NFL.com. If that happens, given our need to upgrade at Center, Linderbaum's insane talent and knack for zone blocking, what are you willing to give up to go get him?

Looking at draft pick values, our reduced 2022 draft haul has a total of 141 points with #102, 125, 224 and 247.

By the way, 7th round picks are worth 1 point. #224 and 247 are utterly worthless in this regard.

The top 2nd round pick (#33) is worth 580 points.
The bottom 2nd round pick (#64) is worth 270 points.

No chance Linderbaum falls to bottom of 2nd, but just mention it to show we would need MORE than 270 points to get up there.
Even if we traded our entire remaining draft of 2022 (141 points), we would still be at least 129 points short and more likely around 360 points short.

Given that is what we are looking at, which direction would you go?

Try to package something together to go get him? Perhaps even all of our remaining 2022 picks + Dieter and/or someone else?
In some ways, given the offseason acquisitions we have made, if all we got out of the 2022 draft was Tyler Linderbaum, I'd be okay with that.

Or, would you rather let it go and try to snag someone like Luke Fortner (Kentucky-Center) in the 3rd?
Or, still have your heart set on JC Tretter?

I would offer their third, a 4th and their 2023 second round pick but I doubt that would be enough to move up for Linderbaum since I don’t see him dropping below the top 50 picks.

In fact I expect him to be a first round pick and I will be extremely surprised if he drops to the second round.

I don't anticipate Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa-Center) falling out of the first round, but I've been seeing more mocks where he drops to the 2nd. For example, Lance Zierlein's latest on NFL.com. If that happens, given our need to upgrade at Center, Linderbaum's insane talent and knack for zone blocking, what are you willing to give up to go get him?

Looking at draft pick values, our reduced 2022 draft haul has a total of 141 points with #102, 125, 224 and 247.

By the way, 7th round picks are worth 1 point. #224 and 247 are utterly worthless in this regard.

The top 2nd round pick (#33) is worth 580 points.
The bottom 2nd round pick (#64) is worth 270 points.

No chance Linderbaum falls to bottom of 2nd, but just mention it to show we would need MORE than 270 points to get up there.
Even if we traded our entire remaining draft of 2022 (141 points), we would still be at least 129 points short and more likely around 360 points short.

Given that is what we are looking at, which direction would you go?

Try to package something together to go get him? Perhaps even all of our remaining 2022 picks + Dieter and/or someone else?
In some ways, given the offseason acquisitions we have made, if all we got out of the 2022 draft was Tyler Linderbaum, I'd be okay with that.

Or, would you rather let it go and try to snag someone like Luke Fortner (Kentucky-Center) in the 3rd?
Or, still have your heart set on JC Tretter?
The more I hear about Tretter's knees the more concerned I become. Browns fans LOVED the guy but he's got some really bad knees.

Forget Linderbaum. There is no reason to be trading a half dozen assets for a center. The guy would be a nice fit if he fell to us, or if we could trade a third or fourth rounder to move up for him. You don’t move mountains for a center.

The price for Miami to move up for him will be too high.To go from #102 to the top of R2 would probably require a 1st next year, or a 2nd and 3rd next year.

There should be several solid C options at #102.

I would offer their third, a 4th and their 2023 second round pick but I doubt that would be enough to move up for Linderbaum since I don’t see him dropping below the top 50 picks.

In fact I expect him to be a first round pick and I will be extremely surprised if he drops to the second round.
I agree, this guy should go first round.

I do expect Linderbaum to slide because he has short arms and plays Center. That said, he's still a top 15 player in this draft and I'd love to see us trade up and get him. He'd be a solid contributor for a decade.

You guys are nuts. Centers are very important and this guy would be tailor made for our new offense.

You’d be lucky to get a guy like this at 32 let alone in the top of the 2nd. You make moves. If the price is good, do it to it. Who cares about the # versus the value?

You guys are nuts. Centers are very important and this guy would be tailor made for our new offense.

You’d be lucky to get a guy like this at 32 let alone in the top of the 2nd. You make moves. If the price is good, do it to it. Who cares about the # versus the value?
The large majority of those considered to experts in player evaluations. If that weren't true, the numbers wouldn't suggest it to begin with.

Now, you can disagree and believe you may know better, but I'm not giving up future high picks to draft a center, and that is what it will take if you want to be sure of getting him. If he were for some reason to fall to the middle of rd2, I could get on board with looking at the possibility.

The price for Miami to move up for him will be too high.To go from #102 to the top of R2 would probably require a 1st next year, or a 2nd and 3rd next year.

There should be several solid C options at #102.

If I could get Linderbaun for a 2nd and 3rd next year I absolutely do it.

We'd still have 2 1sts and a 3rd.

If Linderbaum falls to the 2nd, get on the phone and make calls.

Yes, even our 1st next year.

Listen, if I'm willing to use a 1st this year to draft Linderbaum, I sure as heck am willing to trade a 1st next year.

102 and a 1st next year for Linderbaum
Or
102 on Lindstrom

I'm taking Linderbaum all day everyday

However, it appears this staff may be high on Dieter... I trust these new guys, so if Dieter can be legit.... no need for Linderbaum. But if he isn't in the long term plans, go get Linderbaum

Back
Top Bottom