IF Tyler Linderbaum falls to the 2nd round... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF Tyler Linderbaum falls to the 2nd round...

If Tyler Linderbaum fall to the 2nd Round...

• Total voters
I don't anticipate Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa-Center) falling out of the first round, but I've been seeing more mocks where he drops to the 2nd. For example, Lance Zierlein's latest on NFL.com. If that happens, given our need to upgrade at Center, Linderbaum's insane talent and knack for zone blocking, what are you willing to give up to go get him?

Looking at draft pick values, our reduced 2022 draft haul has a total of 141 points with #102, 125, 224 and 247.

By the way, 7th round picks are worth 1 point. #224 and 247 are utterly worthless in this regard.

The top 2nd round pick (#33) is worth 580 points.
The bottom 2nd round pick (#64) is worth 270 points.

No chance Linderbaum falls to bottom of 2nd, but just mention it to show we would need MORE than 270 points to get up there.
Even if we traded our entire remaining draft of 2022 (141 points), we would still be at least 129 points short and more likely around 360 points short.

Given that is what we are looking at, which direction would you go?

Try to package something together to go get him? Perhaps even all of our remaining 2022 picks + Dieter and/or someone else?
In some ways, given the offseason acquisitions we have made, if all we got out of the 2022 draft was Tyler Linderbaum, I'd be okay with that.

Or, would you rather let it go and try to snag someone like Luke Fortner (Kentucky-Center) in the 3rd?
Or, still have your heart set on JC Tretter?

Great Post!

You guys are nuts. Centers are very important and this guy would be tailor made for our new offense.

You’d be lucky to get a guy like this at 32 let alone in the top of the 2nd. You make moves. If the price is good, do it to it. Who cares about the # versus the value?

I do! - LOL

E. None of the Above

Premier League No GIF by Liverpool FC

Linderbaum doesn’t get past the Jets at 38 so you’d have to make a move before that. They also have 35 and had a reported strong interest in him.

Giants at 36 and Texans at 37 are your best bets for a trade up. Both teams already have multiple high picks, both teams will likely covet 2023 assets in a QB draft. Both teams 2023 second round picks shouldn’t be too far down from our later first rounder so a swap there wouldn’t be so brutal.

I understand the logic behind keeping those two firsts in your back pocket. I also think Tua is on the verge of flourishing. Our team is pretty well stacked with young talent as well as All Pro caliber veterans on both sides of the ball. There aren’t many holes left to fill. If you can fill one with another potential All-Pro that fits your system, hard to sit back and do nothing.

Giants need some massive help to sign the fifth pick in the draft, let alone the 7th pick as well as their remaining picks. If we could use cap space as an asset it would be that much more likely something could get done.

Houston on the other hand would just want picks. Unlikely trade partner for us.

GBs reported interest in Darren Waller makes me wonder what kind of interest they could have in Mike Gesicki.

Regardless, Linderbaum is so unlikely to get past 35 that it’s practically pointless to honk about.

We should probably target someone at a more realistic trade up spot like 65-80 range. Someone with a strong 2nd round grade that slipped out the 2nd.

The large majority of those considered to experts in player evaluations. If that weren't true, the numbers wouldn't suggest it to begin with.

Now, you can disagree and believe you may know better, but I'm not giving up future high picks to draft a center, and that is what it will take if you want to be sure of getting him. If he were for some reason to fall to the middle of rd2, I could get on board with looking at the possibility.

in the hypothetical Im arguing int he original quoted post, Im picturing him falling to Day 2, around 33-36, and Miami has a trade in place for a trade up.

I agree with you in theory about center versus value, I just cant help but get excited at the prospect of adding a Linderbaum or even a Zach Tom

I do not want to see us trade any 1st next year to move up to get Linderbaum.....Those 2 firsts could be used to trade for any star that comes on the block at the deadline if the Dolphins look great or in the offseason next year....Lets follow the Rams blueprint and not draft maybes even if they seem great if we can turn those picks into Tyreek type players

I've been ALL-IN on Linderbaum since before we made the trade for Tyreek. It seemed we had no chance when we made that deal...but I've seen ALOT of speculation he falls to late 1st and now into the 2nd.

This years 3rd AND 4th. Next years 1st.

Get it done. Get up into the bottom of the 1st round. This guy will SOLIDIFY our OLINE makeover and will be the "CEREBRAL" center that our offense REQUIRES for the next DECADE!!!!

If he falls to the point Miami can trade a package like 102, next years 3rd and a late round sweetener, Im all for it.

In no scenario am I trading either of next years first round picks.

Hard pass on anything that will take our future picks round 1-4. If we identify one player that we think will immediately start for us like Javon Holland, I’m good with shipping all our picks to move up. Realistically all our picks combined value up to about the 80th pick per the draft chart.

New England just traded back to 29th and got a 2022 3rd and 4th rounder. I bet they take Lindstrom here.

Back
Top Bottom