If we beat the Bills.. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we beat the Bills..

Of course its incomplete, I also never said that was the end of the analysis. I only said its a relevant data point. No two games are going to be the same, but the fact is they have had our number recently and if you think that means absolutely nothing I have no idea what to tell you.
I recognize that statistics tends to have an averaging kind of effect on data. I also know that when done properly, with all actions taken that modify the data identified, then those stats can be useful tools.

The higher the number of variables and the amount of non-measurable influences, the sloppier those results become.

I feel the entire teams performance on either offence or defense needs some kind of unifying measurement to really indicate how a team performs.

Overly detailed stats on individuals w/o information on the play called can be misleading. Not combining group performance with play calling misses the point as far as I'm concerned.

On the other hand, something is often better then nothing, so there is that - LOL

Yes and no.

Its irrelevant in terms of the game not counting towards anything this year.

Its extremely relevant in tge fact that it was the last game we played against them with pretty much the same rosters more or less. If you're trying to predict the future the best way is by analyzing past data points.

Something like behavior? More Than likely.

More Fluid things like Wall St. & the NFL? I'm incredibly skeptical

Back
Top Bottom