If we beat the Bills.. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we beat the Bills..

Thank Philbin for turning a tough, physical team into a "finesse" bunch of pansies. Sparano's o-lines held their own against the tough d-lines of the Bills and Jets, winning most of those games. But, the o-lines under Philbin and Gase were consistently pushed around and physically dominated by the Bills and Jets, resulting in mostly losses. (Philbin gets rid of Incognito in favor of Martin, and Incognito goes on to be a Pro Bowler with Buffalo.) Under the current regime, Grier has replaced most of the roster, but the team is still not as tough and physical as I'd like them to be. The Steelers pressured Allen with just their Front 4; Miami can't do that!

I'm NOT a fan of Grier. He was a part of the Front Office during the Philbin and Gase regimes, so he was to some degree part of the problem. Sure, he can wheel and deal and collect draft picks, I'll give him that, but I don't think he's very good at drafting. It's Year 3 under Flores and the o-line is still a problem, and the d-line needs extra help to pressure QBs.
In case you didn’t know, Grier didn’t have full control during those regimes, so what you should have said is you were not a fan of previous MD front offices. Please tell me what Grier moves you’re against during the FLO regime? (FA AND DRAFT)

That’s fair. Sure would do a lot for cohesiveness if we had a solid team win here. We weren’t far from beating them at the Rock last year, with Igbo getting demolished and Fitzy throwing 3 picks.
We can beat Buffalo at home. We almost beat them last year. This team is much more talented, deeper and we have Tua instead of Fitz, who will present a whole new set of problems. This is also a revenge game. Believe me, our players haven’t forgotten how they ran it up on us last year knocking us out of the playoffs. This is going to be a dog fight.

You’re right it’ll be a dogfight and most of the Bills starters didn’t play even a half in that last game.

But they did play in that Steelers game and it left more then just a bad taste in their mouths.

Last year is just that. Last year

In case you didn’t know, Grier didn’t have full control during those regimes, so what you should have said is you were not a fan of previous MD front offices. Please tell me what Grier moves you’re against during the FLO regime? (FA AND DRAFT)
Both RBs last year (FAs)
Noah (though I believe a lot of that was Flo)
Phillips (Rousseau was a safer pick with a potentially slightly lower ceiling, but it’s still early on Phillips, still have hope)
McKinney (wtf?)

Pretty much my question marks…which isn’t to say Grier sucks…nobody hits on all picks/acquisitions.

Lay off the crack pipe dude, that last game we needed against them when it mattered we got an old fashion beat down. Who gives a flying **** what happened in Miami, that game had no playoff implications whatsoever

Results from week 17 of the 2020 season are (for all intents) irrelevant heading into week 2 of the 2021 season.

What evidence do you have that the Bills are a better team THIS YEAR? They are 0-1 and just lost to a very average Steekers team AT HOME. Enlighten us please.
The evidence? you mean besides the fact that they have beaten us something like five times straight and have brought back everyone on defense this season. Everyone talks about our defense and rightfully so, but the Bills defense is dam good, only place where I see us being better is the secondary. That Dline of theirs can get after QBs.
On offense: Better QB(until Tua shows us differently) Better Oline for sure and their WR unit is one of the best in the league.
Sure they stumbled against the Steelers but that Bills team is dam good.

At this point and time the bills are a much better team then us. More cohesive unit. Not much has changed from the beat down we received just 2 games ago from them personnel wise. Each team made some improvements on both sides of the ball. I personally don’t see this game being too close and expect to lose by double digits. We just aren’t there right now. Defensively our scheme needs to be adjusted and quickly. Zone schemes when you have 2 of the best cover corners in the league confuse me. I get it every once in a while to switch things up but we should be playing man coverage and tight bump and run coverage like the surtain/Madison days.
Offensively our like hasn’t changed I expect Jackson to be back in there and they haven’t shown the ability to not suck. Waddle and Fuller are great additions along with Wilson being sprinkled in there but they also improved with Sanders. Sorry fellas we are looking at 1-1 and hopefully as a team we can gel and coaching wise scheme better by time we play then again
I disagree, but your reasons are not "unreasonable", I just disagree. I feel we have improved more this year then they did. I also feel we improved in more areas then they did. We shall see.

Let the game begin.

Back
Top Bottom