if we do take alex smith with our first pick..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if we do take alex smith with our first pick.....

new bob

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i have been for drafting ronnie brown since the end of last season. i knew this kid would be a star, and i wanted to get him even before his outstanding combine, that being said, the last week or so i have really been liking alex smith, how saban is courting him, breaking down footage, so on and so forth. i still think we should get brown, seeing as to how that would leave us with three qbs capable of starting.....but anyway, if we do pick up our future franchise signal caller in smith, what would happen to the rb spot? i would think that this would only happen if we already have a lined up deal with someone for a second rounder to ensure ourselves te 4th best rb.....but my question still stands....
what would we do about our rb position? would we set our sights on someone like arrington or barber? morency or fason IMO would be a wasted pick and wouldnt work well in our system (or many other systems i guess). if there is a situation where one of the top three spirals out of the top 20, could you see us offer surtain and like a 2006 second to get one of the top three backs and smith?
hypothetical....
sf-qb
mia-qb
cle-lb
chi-wr
tb-wr
ten-cb
min-wr (or anyone who isnt a rb, like barron or merriman or spears)
ari-cb
was-de
det-de
dal-not rb
sd-not rb
so on and so forth.....obviously this wont happen, but this scenario has no rbs in the top 12, now tweak this a bit (one rb taken most likely in either 4 or 5, maybe one in 8) and one rb will still drop.if benson or caddy is there at about 20ish, could you see a senario where a 2006 second and surtain is traded to get them instead of waiting for one to fall in round 3?

I cant see no running backs going in the top 10!

crazy things have happened on draft day.....but you're crazy if you think 3 wr's are taken before 1 rb.

fishypete said:
I don't think you need to worry about the Dolphins taking a QB with the 2nd pick.

That would be a good kind of worry, IMO.

no, im not saying that will happen, theres no way in hell that could happen, im just saying replace one or two rbs in there where i said, at either 4 or 5, then at 8, its very likely that one rb falls out of the top ten maybe out of the top 20.....
i still think we should draft brown, but im just saying if we do get smith i wouldnt be angry.....
in order how i think we should go with the no.2 pick....
brown
trade down
smith if there
rodgers if there
benson in a trade down
williams in a way trade down(like below 8, pick him up cause benson and brown are gone)
after that, every option is the same for me, crappy......
benson, willliams, edwards or m. wiliams at no. 2 would be the worst decisio ns ever to be made (especially the latter 3, if benson goes two id be very angry, but id get over it after about a day or so to cool off, if the latter three happen its one of those drafts that a fan will never forget due to the franchise suicide that occurred....)

chub said:
I cant see no running backs going in the top 10!

HUH?? :confused:

I'll bet several years salary a RB will be taken in the top 10...If you think Benson, Brown and the Caddy won't be taken in the top 10, you are on the same stuff Ricky is on.

Roman529 said:
HUH?? :confused:

I'll bet several years salary a RB will be taken in the top 10...If you think Benson, Brown and the Caddy won't be taken in the top 10, you are on the same stuff Ricky is on.

Bro, he's with you on that. The original post had no RBs going in the top 10. He was attacking that point.

Back
Top Bottom