If we don't draft a WR in round 1 - WR Elijah Moore (OLE MISS) is an Explosive, Dynamic playmaker | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we don't draft a WR in round 1 - WR Elijah Moore (OLE MISS) is an Explosive, Dynamic playmaker

You're definitely not alone. What don't you like about his game, though?
I like his game a lot. He is so short though. That does bother me. I also am not sure he can beat press coverage. I think he will be good, just not outside the numbers. He is slot only in my mind.

I like his game a lot. He is so short though. That does bother me. I also am not sure he can beat press coverage. I think he will be good, just not outside the numbers. He is slot only in my mind.
He weighs more than the 'Slim Reaper'...

He has a 40+ vertical jump...

He's the same height at 5'9" as Steve Smith Sr.

Runs in the mid 4.3's...

He should be fine!

He weighs more than the 'Slim Reaper'...

He has a 40+ vertical jump...

He's the same height at 5'9" as Steve Smith Sr.

Runs in the mid 4.3's...

He should be fine!
We will find out. Again, I think he has success. I just see him playing 80% inside the numbers.

Which order do you have QB's?

1. Lawrence
2. Fields
3. Wilson
4. Lance
5. Jones

?

Fields
Lawrence
Wilson

Lance
Jones

To me, Fields is like a freak version of Russell Wilson. Kind of an odd style, but he's remarkably accurate, has a cannon, is one of the fastest QB prospects ever, and he's a playmaker. His skillset will always put the D in a bind.

Lawrence is twitchier in the pocket, but I'll roll with Fields' overall tool box. More accurate, better physical tools.

I like Wilson, too, but I don't think he's as safe as Fields and Lawrence. He has the nicest looking throwing motion, and I really like his general posture.

Inaccuracy and lack of experience are the two big knocks for Lance, and they're big ones to me. I'd prefer to let someone else take that gamble, but if I'm a team like Washington or Chicago, I'd shoot my shot and cross my fingers. He could sit behind Fitzpatrick or Dalton for a year. NE is the other team that stands out to me.

Completely different player, but also gets knocked for limited experience, the same fits apply to Jones. Lance obviously gives you the higher ceiling.

Fields
Lawrence
Wilson

Lance
Jones

To me, Fields is like a freak version of Russell Wilson. Kind of an odd style, but he's remarkably accurate, has a cannon, is one of the fastest QB prospects ever, and he's a playmaker. His skillset will always put the D in a bind.

Lawrence is twitchier in the pocket, but I'll roll with Fields' overall tool box. More accurate, better physical tools.

I like Wilson, too, but I don't think he's as safe as Fields and Lawrence. He has the nicest looking throwing motion, and I really like his general posture.

Inaccuracy and lack of experience are the two big knocks for Lance, and they're big ones to me. I'd prefer to let someone else take that gamble, but if I'm a team like Washington or Chicago, I'd shoot my shot and cross my fingers. He could sit behind Fitzpatrick or Dalton for a year. NE is the other team that stands out to me.

Completely different player, but also gets knocked for limited experience, the same fits apply to Jones. Lance obviously gives you the higher ceiling.
What do you think about my Gator boy Kyle Trask? I think his floor is low but ceiling could be quite high..only a 1.5 year starter in college due to someone getting hurt in front of him with the Gators and never started in high school due to D'Eriq King being the starter there...but I think he will only improve with more and more game experience..I could see him fitting in the second or third round with like a Tampa Bay or Saints team...that can afford to let him learn a bit for a year or two.

We will find out. Again, I think he has success. I just see him playing 80% inside the numbers.

I think this is a very unrecognized concept. There are guys who pretty much with crazy skill outside and couldn’t make a team of it was exclusively a slot position and vice versa there are guys who absolutely can dominate inside but could never work out side the numbers.

If Welker was asked to exclusively go outside the numbers he wouldn’t have made it. And as great as he was a guy like Marvin Harrison would have had a fraction of the success in the slot.

Guys skills are built for a position and for once the coaching staff seems to want to put players in a spot to succeed instead of forcing them to fit a scheme.

He's 5'9+, has arms within an inch of Chase's, and he made as many contested catches as Terrace Marshall. He beat Jaycee Horn in press in the clip I posted. Moore can do it all imo. He's just dominant from the slot, because he's quick, fast, tough, runs precise routes, and is an excellent target. In 2020, in the SEC, he averaged more receiving yards per game than anyone in the last 20+ years - something like 148 yards per game.

He and Smith are easily the two most skilled WR's in the class. One is too skinny, and one is too short. I have Smith Top 10, so I do prefer him to Moore, but I can't drop Moore further than Top 20 - not when he's that skilled and that athletic.

I’d compare E Moore to Kenneth Gainwell. I think Moore is a fraction better, but I wouldn’t take either before #50.

What do you think about my Gator boy Kyle Trask? I think his floor is low but ceiling could be quite high..only a 1.5 year starter in college due to someone getting hurt in front of him with the Gators and never started in high school due to D'Eriq King being the starter there...but I think he will only improve with more and more game experience..I could see him fitting in the second or third round with like a Tampa Bay or Saints team...that can afford to let him learn a bit for a year or two.

Probably a Day 3 guy for me. Mason Rudolph vibes.

Gainwell is a great slot as well as a good third down RB. They have similar skill sets.

Back
Top Bottom