if we draft braylon edwards?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if we draft braylon edwards??

NYinBostonFin said:
More negativity please!!!! LOL

If we draft Edwards it will be far from the end of the world. I'd rather have Ronnie too don't get me wrong but Edwards is going to be a monster, and may be the BPA in draft. What if edwards is the next moss? Will you come back and say you were wrong like you'd come back and say I told you so?
The thing that would upset me is drafting a QB, and that isn't the end of the world either.

If he's the next Moss, he will put up big numbers but go sulk at the end of the bench when his team needs him in a big game (anyone watch the last Vikings game of last season?). He will disrespect other players on opposing teams as well as his own and will eventually want a trade to Oakland to be with other twits like himself. Don't insult any player by comparing him to Moss.
Plus, drafting another receiver would be nice if we were set everywhere else, but far from it. Take Ronnie Brown and you get a back who can also catch very well to add another dimension. Someone can fill that 3rd receiver spot (although not as well as Edwards I'm sure) but it's not worth the second pick when we have other glaring needs.

dolphan98 said:
What happens if Ricky is coming back? Then does that change your perspective? Would a running back still be your first choice? I know I wouldn't want a RB at #2 if Ricky was coming back. Maybe a little later in the draft. Saban has a lot of information that we don't. I like the way he is running things. No one knows what he's going to do. This leaves all the options open for Draft Day. It makes it a lot easier for a potential trade down.

We won't know by April 23rd if Ricky is coming back (and willing to get in game shape). I wouldn't put it past him to come back and coast, just to get enough cash for another pot-smoking homeopathic hippy tenting tour of the world (but I'm not bitter).

The one good thing about drafting Edwards within a 3 WR set we shall be passing the ball more then running it. Even the RBs will be catching more passes. We can get a few large good running backs in the 3rd round like Eric Shelton etc. that can carry the load in the 4th quarter.

Will

Goin` Deep said:
Damn right he did. Michigan also produced a couple of good ones in Amani Toomer and Derrick Alexander. They don`t all end up like Terrell and Howard when they come out of Ann Arbor.

Terrell might yet turn around his career, but he'll be a #2 at best.

dolphan north said:
We won't know by April 23rd if Ricky is coming back (and willing to get in game shape). I wouldn't put it past him to come back and coast, just to get enough cash for another pot-smoking homeopathic hippy tenting tour of the world (but I'm not bitter).

We won't know. But Saban might already know. If he does, it's definitely a wild card in his hand.

Back
Top Bottom