If we drafted Pitts at 6... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we drafted Pitts at 6...

From the moment we traded down i've been on record saying i think the Bengals take Chase.

If Pitts goes 4 to Atlanta, i do agree both will be gone by 6.

yep

this is excellent. Gives you a starting right tackle ideal at 36 let’s you kick hunt inside and gives you a developmental rotation edge with higb upside and the best testing center in history. Id probably swap humphrey to 50 and turner at 81 given the small school and the fact that humphrey made it look so easy at the senior bowl. And if Miami passes parsons character wise you damn well better go get him if he gets into the teens cause 18 ain’t happening if the characters a go. Trade a 1 next year if you have to. That draft isn’t gonna have this level talents in miamis range anyways

at 36 Elijah Moore would be a primary for me also. Zaven Collins too for hybrid. I’d also add ellerson smith at 81 as an edge option

Last edited:
Another possibility:

Attachments

• 2A497622-1D06-4831-81A4-4C58E308360D.png
    2A497622-1D06-4831-81A4-4C58E308360D.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 7
  • A465A1D5-132E-43E6-8E74-5613EFCD7611.png
    A465A1D5-132E-43E6-8E74-5613EFCD7611.png
    116 KB · Views: 7
I may be the only one that would be awfully concerned about Kyle Pitts at 6. Tight Ends taken in round 1 have been historically risky and seldom work out. All the best tight ends in todays game are taken anywhere from round 2 to round 4, it is almost as risky of a position as running back in round 1. I would much prefer to go with D. Smith or Chase and if we want a tight end go the Brevin Jordan route in round 2. Pitts is a great player but that is an awfully high pick to use at the tight end position.

yep

this is excellent. Gives you a starting right tackle ideal at 36 let’s you kick hunt inside and gives you a developmental rotation edge with higb upside and the best testing center in history. Id probably swap humphrey to 50 and turner at 81 given the small school and the fact that humphrey made it look so easy at the senior bowl. And if Miami passes parsons character wise you damn well better go get him if he gets into the teens cause 18 ain’t happening if the characters a go. Trade a 1 next year if you have to. That draft isn’t gonna have this level talents in miamis range anyways

at 36 Elijah Moore would be a primary for me also. Zaven Collins too for hybrid. I’d also add ellerson smith at 81 as an edge option

Hard to disagree with any of that, but I think it'd cost less than a 1st to move up for Parsons in the teens. I went with Turner/Humphrey where I did, because PFF has Turner ranked higher, but I agree Humphrey is the more pressing need and would probably make a bigger overall impact - especially in the near-term. Turner and Elerson Smith are my favorite Edge prospects relative to the consensus, so I'm with you there, too.

And, I'm a huge Elijah Moore fan. He was gone by 36 in this draft. Do think Jenkins gives extra value for the reason you mentioned - Hunt kicking in to RG.

I believe it was “Digital” who had a great post regarding taking Pitts. Lining up Pitts and Gesicki won’t be a true 12 personnel, nor Gronk/Hernandez part 2 but more akin to 4 WR’s since Pitts/Gesicki can’t be counted on as a blocker.*

Maybe they take Pitts and do end up running some hybrid 12/4 Wide package but if they do that I would think the RB you choose has to be able to block and get yards on their own. Harris and Williams could be that guy whereas I do not see Etienne succeeding in that role.

*Apologies in advance if the referenced post was by someone else.
It's hard to imagine Miami making Pitts/Geiscki work.

Perhaps, the Dolphins take Pitts and trade Geiscki or don't re-sign him after 2021.

Pitts has worked on his blocking, but why use him in that role?

My gut is Grier wants Chase or Smith, but I could be wrong.

If we draft Pitts, we don't need a WR unless we are getting rid of Parker. RB will be a high priority

It's hard to imagine Miami making Pitts/Geiscki work.

Perhaps, the Dolphins take Pitts and trade Geiscki or don't re-sign him after 2021.

Pitts has worked on his blocking, but why use him in that role?

My gut is Grier wants Chase or Smith, but I could be wrong.
I believe Flores wants Smith.

Homerun would be pitts (assuming you take out the trash incumbent at some point during the draft) and parsons (McKinney’s in the way of his ideal ask but still...)

they are the 2 most rare pure talents in the class.

and it’s not close
That’s what I would do...

Yeah..we traded up for Parsons..who because of Character Issues may drop like a fly..why not stay @ #12 if we like Parsons? :shrug:
Doesn't that sound like a Miami move, though?

Lots of mocks have Detroit taking Parsons at #7.

We'll see. I'm assuming, like everyone else, that moving back up was for an offensive playmaker.

Back
Top Bottom