If we drafted Pitts at 6... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we drafted Pitts at 6...

Cmon!! Pitts is not gonna be there y’all!! You know it I know it. Most definitely will be drafted by Atl. If not then Cincy. There’s also the possibility of a trade to jump us. We don’t even know if Miami even covets him. They probably looking a completely different direction.

I think taking Sewell should be the pick imo. Giving the most accurate passer in college history more time could prove more potent than another pass catcher, especially at 6. They can snag another Wr in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Ol, Lb, Wr, Center...should be first 4 pics. you guys are getting caught up with this Pitts hype to much. Come back down to earth and let’s hope they build around Tua the right way!
Brother Go Flo I understand but the phins have the following WR

Parker- injury prone
Fuller- injury prone
P. Williams- injury prone
A. Wilson- injury prone
Grant- injury prone

our Wr group is not very reliable in regards to staying on the field. So I do expect Miami to draft at least 1 Wr because fuller is on a 1 yr deal, Wilson prob won’t be here next season and Parker playing final yr of his contract. With that being said Miami didn’t trade up from 12 to 6 giving up a first round pick next year to grab an OL when we drafted 3 OL last draft. I guarantee you it will be either chase, smith , pitts or parsons. Waddle who I love will drop due to injury . Sewell is not an option unless he was the second coming of Jonathan Ogden. Everyone should prepare themselves to see either chase, smith, pitts or parsons in a Dolphins uniform and be excited about it because the Texans gave us a gift.

Brother Go Flo I understand but the phins have the following WR

Parker- injury prone
Fuller- injury prone
P. Williams- injury prone
A. Wilson- injury prone
Grant- injury prone

our Wr group is not very reliable in regards to staying on the field. So I do expect Miami to draft at least 1 Wr because fuller is on a 1 yr deal, Wilson prob won’t be here next season and Parker playing final yr of his contract. With that being said Miami didn’t trade up from 12 to 6 giving up a first round pick next year to grab an OL when we drafted 3 OL last draft. I guarantee you it will be either chase, smith , pitts or parsons. Waddle who I love will drop due to injury . Sewell is not an option unless he was the second coming of Jonathan Ogden. Everyone should prepare themselves to see either chase, smith, pitts or parsons in a Dolphins uniform and be excited about it because the Texans gave us a gift.
Agree with much of that, but to be factual, DVP is not in the final year. He actually becomes a very affordable veteran.

Hard to disagree with any of that, but I think it'd cost less than a 1st to move up for Parsons in the teens. I went with Turner/Humphrey where I did, because PFF has Turner ranked higher, but I agree Humphrey is the more pressing need and would probably make a bigger overall impact - especially in the near-term. Turner and Elerson Smith are my favorite Edge prospects relative to the consensus, so I'm with you there, too.

And, I'm a huge Elijah Moore fan. He was gone by 36 in this draft. Do think Jenkins gives extra value for the reason you mentioned - Hunt kicking in to RG.

ellerson smith ran 4.78 on a pro day time to me that’s more 4.85 combine time which is really slow for an edge. That’s a bit of a flag. The houston edge opted out on literally everything from what I saw. What’s he hiding?

This edge class has a lot of dnps on important test scores and be careful with pro day times being in player favor.

as for parsons ideally it don’t cost me a future 1 but if it does and he gets in my wheelhouse pounce. The 2022 class ain’t gonna have talents like that in miamis wheelhouse barring a San Fran implosion. And you ain’t gonna find a parsons any time soon again anyways. They just don’t come along.

fully prepared for us to stick with status quo at off ball and flex tight end. Fully prepared for bad contracts for both gesicki and Baker in the near future.

maybe they add a hybrid like zaven Collins. That’s about it. He’s also closer to 4.7, another 3 cone opt out. There seems to be a lot of folks who don’t want to show you what kind of redirect they have. I will pass top 20

Last edited:
Pitts would take all your coverage with him situationally as much as possible but you’d still have the inconsistent iso options on the outside in terms of separation. And you’d have gesicki still struggling to give you a not negative return relative to snaps played if you didn’t smartly unload him to the highest bidder to clear yourself a path for pitts to be used for everything basically.

short answer is yes you still need a wr. If Miami drafts devonta smith at 6 (get ready for it cause I doubt it’s a worst case scenario play for us) then I could see Miami punting on adding any other wr piece early cause he can play inside or outside as a wr for you and provides separation abilities for either

I forgot about the fuller add when I said you’d still need a wr. But you need your qbs arm to be able to take advantage of fullers vertical skill set to get the most bang for your buck out of the player. Feels like a 1 year trial run basically. Player betting on himself to cash in end of season instead of taking some bird in hand offer for more years at less money. Which is refreshing in that regard

ellerson smith ran 4.78 on a pro day time to me that’s more 4.85 combine time which is really slow for an edge. That’s a bit of a flag. The houston edge opted out on literally everything from what I saw. What’s he hiding?

This edge class has a lot of dnps on important test scores and be careful with pro day times being in player favor.

as for parsons ideally it don’t cost me a future 1 but if it does and he gets in my wheelhouse pounce. The 2022 class ain’t gonna have talents like that in miamis wheelhouse barring a San Fran implosion. And you ain’t gonna find a parsons any time soon again anyways. They just don’t come along.

fully prepared for us to stick with status quo at off ball and flex tight end. Fully prepared for bad contracts for both gesicki and Baker in the near future.

maybe they add a hybrid like zaven Collins. That’s about it. He’s also closer to 4.7, another 3 cone opt out. There seems to be a lot of folks who don’t want to show you what kind of redirect they have. I will pass top 20

Damn, some of the Pro Day #'s keep getting worse lol. Was reported as an official 4.71. I'll say that Smith doesn't look like a 4.8+ guy, but who knows? Fwiw Chandler Jones ran like a 4.88 or something, but he's obv bigger than Smith.

Turner did the agility drills and vert, and he performed well across them all. Also has 35"+ arms and natural bulk. But, his 3- cone was first reported at 6.70, then 6.98, and now like 7.01 or 7.02, so he's another guy who has seen his testing numbers get worse. Anything under 7.10, though, is elite for a guy his size.

Damn, some of the Pro Day #'s keep getting worse lol. Was reported as an official 4.71. I'll say that Smith doesn't look like a 4.8+ guy, but who knows? Fwiw Chandler Jones ran like a 4.88 or something, but he's obv bigger than Smith.

Turner did the agility drills and vert, and he performed well across them all. Also has 35"+ arms and natural bulk. But, his 3- cone was first reported at 6.70, then 6.98, and now like 7.01 or 7.02, so he's another guy who has seen his testing numbers get worse. Anything under 7.10, though, is elite for a guy his size.

yeah looks like I got some bad info on turner

Back
Top Bottom