If we flat out released Jamar FLecther... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we flat out released Jamar FLecther...

Denny

GENERAL MANAGER
Reaction score
would it (1) surprise you in any way, (2) improve, (3) not improve, (4) Could Omare Lowe be the same if not better. The reason I ask this question and would like to hear some replies is I feel that if Jamar was a 4th round pick or of that nature, he would not be playing and even might not be on the team. Has anyone seen him make ONE play on the ball where he had his man covered and he deflected a pass. I cant remember. Would we have cut BEN KELLY if he was a 1st round pick. I am a huge dolphin fan and would like to praise every player and hype them up so I have no reason to pick on a player. I just feel I have seen enough of Jamar Flecther to realize that according to some on this board he is not"playing well".

P.S The dolphins were prudent in drafting a corner last year. They just didnt get the right one. Drew Brees is not a stud. We had other needs.

trade him for Terrell Buckley,even if Buckley isnt much better,i still think he's at least better than Fletcher.

We won't release him. He made most of his money through a signing bonus so it would be horrible for our cap.

Fletch, wow, I don't know yet...seems like he is nothing great for sure. Tough call.

If Lowe, Green or Miranda were playing better, have no doubt they would be playing before Feltcher. Just as last year Cousin played first. So if they let Fletcher go and play someone who plays worse, what then???

Fletcher is playing as well

... as any DB in our defense right now. We have bigger problems than Fletcher or any of our DB's, like say our pass rush?

Oliver...

Originally posted by Denny
would it (1) surprise you in any way, (2) improve, (3) not improve, (4) Could Omare Lowe be the same if not better. The reason I ask this question and would like to hear some replies is I feel that if Jamar was a 4th round pick or of that nature, he would not be playing and even might not be on the team. Has anyone seen him make ONE play on the ball where he had his man covered and he deflected a pass. I cant remember. Would we have cut BEN KELLY if he was a 1st round pick. I am a huge dolphin fan and would like to praise every player and hype them up so I have no reason to pick on a player. I just feel I have seen enough of Jamar Flecther to realize that according to some on this board he is not"playing well".

P.S The dolphins were prudent in drafting a corner last year. They just didnt get the right one. Drew Brees is not a stud. We had other needs.

that makes no sense - we would have a FS in Trent Gamble starting in place if Pat got re-injured :confused:

Oliver, I have you figured out.

I have figured out your MO. I really believe you scour the Dolphin message boards to calculate in every post which player is most scrutinized. After you realize that player has the most posts from a poster in which a player is seen as not producing, OLiver the DEFENSE ATTORNEY ARRIVES to the rescue. Oliver has determined that Flecther and Fiedler are the most picked upon. With fee agreements arranged between Oliver and the respective maligned players according to the boards, Oliver is in position to defend. Now if a particular player is not playing well, but is not being maligned by our board, OLIVER will not defend that person or position. See previous post where he deflects attacks on Flecther to D-LINE. Since our D-Line is not being readily attacked on the boards, Oliver will not defend. Oliver, I think you are a great fan and love the dolphins But to me there is VINCE and Oliver, one that is a pessimist, the other optmist. Combine both of you , and you would have the perfect poster.

don't sweat it Oliver.....look at the source of the criticism.....someone who NEVER posts unless he's crying for attention or has somebody to rag on.:rolleyes:

Surely, this is a make or break year for Fletcher. I have heard that Omre Lowe is nearing 100% and has been good in camp but so was Ray Green, early on. I guess we will know after this year if Fletch is a stud or a dud. Based on present results, the latter looks to be true. after yesterday's debacle, he didn't even want to be interviewed. Damn it, if you get beat at least stand up and say so. I don't see JT, ZT, SM or the others hiding.

Infinsible

how is high school???? Mr. Transparent. Come on,you have to do better than that. By the way, regardless of how you feel I post, and the manner in which I state my opinions. I think this board will back me( other than those who are friends with certain posters here and do not like to see them pointed out) THAT comments like "flecther is playing as well as any player in our secondary" is downright asinine. But, who am I to say, I only attack people or draw attention to myself.

Can I say why I defend Fiedler and Fletcher?

... I'll just assume you would answer yes.

The reason is I feel that both players were judged prematurely, and still are to this day IMO. I can remember some posters; check that, a lot of posters saying Fiedler was no good before he even played a down for the Dolphins. Of course a lot of this had to do with him replacing Marino. A lot of it had to do with the fact that Wanny was the HC that decided to chose Fiedler over Marino, so to speak.

When it comes to Fletcher, it's a similar situation, but different. He was drafted and a lot of posters were saying how the Dolphins screwed up because QB Drew Brees was available and we should have drafted him instead. This also ties into the Fiedler situation. Admittedly when Fletcher was drafted I called it "the worst draft pick they ever made". After thinking about if for a few moments it made total sense to me. We needed a 3rd CB more than we needed a WR or QB. WR is the position I wanted with that 1st round pick.

In both cases there are certain ppl (not necessarily you) that won't give up the Fiedler or Fletcher sucks mantra. Fiedler has many positives as far as QB's go, but some ppl will never admit that because he had the nerve to play after the legend Marino. To certain ppl there’s nothing he can do that will ever change their minds, because he replaced Marino. Fletcher is a quality CB, that is in his 2nd year as a Pro and ppl are making ridiculous statement like he's a bust. CB and QB are the toughest positions to learn in the NFL. The rule for a QB is it takes 32 starts before a QB gets his NFL legs. CB's are in the same boat, it generally takes a CB 1.5 to 2 years to get things going.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I hope you continue to express it, but don't think for one second I will stop expressing mine.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Denny
I have figured out your MO. I really believe you scour the Dolphin message boards to calculate in every post which player is most scrutinized. After you realize that player has the most posts from a poster in which a player is seen as not producing, OLiver the DEFENSE ATTORNEY ARRIVES to the rescue. Oliver has determined that Flecther and Fiedler are the most picked upon. With fee agreements arranged between Oliver and the respective maligned players according to the boards, Oliver is in position to defend. Now if a particular player is not playing well, but is not being maligned by our board, OLIVER will not defend that person or position. See previous post where he deflects attacks on Flecther to D-LINE. Since our D-Line is not being readily attacked on the boards, Oliver will not defend. Oliver, I think you are a great fan and love the dolphins But to me there is VINCE and Oliver, one that is a pessimist, the other optmist. Combine both of you , and you would have the perfect poster.

Plain and simple Fletcher is a bust!! He doesn't have it. He has been here long enought o learn the system and he gets toasted more than a pack of bagels in a Boca kitchen.

They won't cut him this year, but don't expect to see him in 2003.

Back
Top Bottom