If we get beat by Cleveland............. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we get beat by Cleveland.............

scottieUK

Starter
Reaction score
..................... then I will officially join the `Suck for Luck` campaign!

Some people say we won`t get that bad and get Luck, but I`m not so sure. The players heads will drop if we lose to the Browns, we then go to San Diego followed by the Jets in NY on Monday night. 0-5 for sure. We can`t even rely on the Bills for a W this seson! The Seahawks will get a few wins in their weak division, maybe the Chiefs or Colts suck more.

Don`t get me wrong, I love my Fins and have done since 1985 when I was 12 years old. But, these attempts to patch up the roster every year and `win now` haven`t worked. Miami need a new HC and a franchise QB. Sparano isn`t good enough and Henne (though I do like him) isn`t good enough. There is talent on this team and I do like the DC and, from what I`ve seen so far, the OC. However, a good amount of talent a good DC and OC will not be enough without a top HC and a franchise QB. Look at the top teams year in, year out - franchise QB`s - Rodgers, Brees, Vick, Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Rivers etc. Ryan and Stafford will join that list this year.

For those of you who are optimistic about going say 10-6 and making a wild card spot - what`s the point? It`ll be `one and done` again followed by (in all probability) a poor draft and another year of Sparano.

So if we get beat by the Browns I`m raising the white flag and doing what I`ve never done before - hoping Miami get beat each week. My perfect season would be 2-14 whilst beating the Jets twice and getting Andrew Luck in the draft!

Very level-headed post.

This is a man here who has identified the true weaknesses of this team and who accepts the reality of what this team truly is.

So of you need to follow suit and stop denying the obvious.

The Miami Dolphins are spinning tires. It's either time to FINALLY win now or it's time to call it quits and start from scratch so that we can have a bright future and get to a Super Bowl. At this rate, Ross will give up on this team and move them out of Miami.

Thank you JCane! I was expecting to get a lot of negative replies to my post! Like I said I love my Fins as we all do, but, this is a level headed, honest opinion.

I will agree your post has merit. But at the same time, you should NEVER cheer your team on to lose. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:
..................... then I will officially join the `Suck for Luck` campaign!

Some people say we won`t get that bad and get Luck, but I`m not so sure. The players heads will drop if we lose to the Browns, we then go to San Diego followed by the Jets in NY on Monday night. 0-5 for sure. We can`t even rely on the Bills for a W this seson! The Seahawks will get a few wins in their weak division, maybe the Chiefs or Colts suck more.

Don`t get me wrong, I love my Fins and have done since 1985 when I was 12 years old. But, these attempts to patch up the roster every year and `win now` haven`t worked. Miami need a new HC and a franchise QB. Sparano isn`t good enough and Henne (though I do like him) isn`t good enough. There is talent on this team and I do like the DC and, from what I`ve seen so far, the OC. However, a good amount of talent a good DC and OC will not be enough without a top HC and a franchise QB. Look at the top teams year in, year out - franchise QB`s - Rodgers, Brees, Vick, Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Rivers etc. Ryan and Stafford will join that list this year.

For those of you who are optimistic about going say 10-6 and making a wild card spot - what`s the point? It`ll be `one and done` again followed by (in all probability) a poor draft and another year of Sparano.

So if we get beat by the Browns I`m raising the white flag and doing what I`ve never done before - hoping Miami get beat each week. My perfect season would be 2-14 whilst beating the Jets twice and getting Andrew Luck in the draft!
Completely agree. I'm tired of No Man's Land. Losing too many games to matter but winning just enough to get a bad draft pick. Even the Lions have turned things around. The Lions. Think about that for a second. The Detroit ****ing Lions are in better shape than we are. That's where this team is at.

I will agree you post has merit. But at the same time, you should NEVER cheer your team on to lose. Period.

While I would never wish for the Dolphins to lose, I do fully understand the incredible benefits that would result if we did go 0-16. With Sparano and Henne, this team has virtually zero chance at getting to the playoffs, much less winning a Super Bowl. Our future looks bleak at the moment. With a prospect of a franchise QB, at the very least hope is restored. Rookie QB's are unproven, but so are a lot of QB's in the league who currently have a starting job at QB.

Unproven Chad Henne comes to mind.

I will agree you post has merit. But at the same time, you should NEVER cheer your team on to lose. Period.

I know, I know. But, this franchise needs to take 2 steps back to take 5 forward. Losing for a season will be for the long term good of the franchise. I know we went 1-15 before and Long was a good pick, but, we need the top pick and a franchise QB this time.

I agree with you man....but people here will say you are not a "true" fan. As much as it hurts I hope we win 4 games this year. It is the only way to move forward. I will still watch every game but I'm expecting a loss. If they lose to the brown then we won't have to worry because the team sucks so bad that the losing is inevitable.

Completely agree. I'm tired of No Man's Land. Losing too many games to matter but winning just enough to get a bad draft pick. Even the Lions have turned things around. The Lions. Think about that for a second. The Detroit ****ing Lions are in better shape than we are. That's where this team is at.

The Detroit Lions sucked and sucked and sucked and sucked for years and years and years and years.

Lions get top draft pick after top draft pick and look at where they are today. From 0-16, drafted an unproven QB with the first overall pick, two years later they kicking the **** out of people with the unproven QB who didn't play the majority of his rookie season due to an injury.

Packers wheel out Brett Favre, insert unproven Aaron Rodgers...Super Bowl Champs within a couple of years.

Colts go from Super Bowl contenders...to one of the worst teams in the league without Peyton Manning.

It's all about getting that franchise QB. This isn't the same NFL we watched in the 1990's where defenses and ground games dominated on Sunday. Defenses are at the mercy of NFL rule changes that benefit the QB and the ground game is nothing more than situational today. Teams with platoon running games and running backs are a dime a dozen. Speaking of running backs and the Detroit Lions...where is that Kevin Smith kid the Lions drafted just a few short years ago? How about Joseph Addai for the Colts when he was supposed to be the next big thing after Edgerrin James left. And shortly after Addai, the Colts draft Donald Brown.

It's all about that unproven QB that you MUST gamble on.

Don't let any of the short-sighted homers that can't see past the end of their nose tell you what you should or shouldn't root for Scottie....

If you think a bunch of losses in the short term is the best thing for the franchise in the long term, then root for it until you lose your voice.... because you're absolutely right.

Love my Phins but already hoping we suck for Luck and I don't see anything wrong with that. The ONLY one I'd feel bad for is JT but hopefully he comes back for 2012 to kick off the Luck era.

The best thing for us now is Ireland and Sparano leaving. Hell, I wish Ross and his b-list celebs would also fly away on their goddamn orange carpet. And kill that horrible "Fins Up" song for Christ's sake!!!

If we lose every game this season, draft Andrew Luck, beat the hell out of teams in a couple of years, Andrew Luck wins an MVP and the Dolphins win a Super Bowl within five years...

Raise your hand if you'll even think of a 2011 0-16 season.

Ask Detroit fans what they talk about today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't let any of the short-sighted homers that can't see past the end of their nose tell you what you should or shouldn't root for Scottie....

If you think a bunch of losses in the short term is the best thing for the franchise in the long term, then root for it until you lose your voice.... because you're absolutely right.

Thanks man!

This staff ignores the obvious talent when drafting and always picks the guys that fit their delusional concept.
Everyone else is wrong, and they are the only ones who know better....non conventional fools.

Back
Top Bottom