IF we get KC's #2......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF we get KC's #2.........

We trade down for additional picks first option.

Second option is take Alex SMith and then draft Ciatrick Fason with second round pick. Saban also knows about what fason can do based on his LSU days playing the gators.

Rick 1966 said:
I don't want any part of Adrian McPherson. The guy bet against his own team at FSU.

Then take the best available defensive player (like a Safety or DT) or go with the best O-lineman

Doing that we could wait till the 4th round to pick up David Greene

#2 overall pick :Ronnie Brown and then we use the 2nd rounder (surtain): Matt Jones. Another way we can go is Alex Smith and Ciatrick Fason. And my last option is Braylon and then JJ Arrington.

If Saban really wants McPherson then other teams will too. I think he would be hard pressed not to take him with a 2nd round pick if we had one, although he think he deserves to go in the 3rd. This next month will be critical.

ItalianDolFan said:
I like Thomas's mock draft. But id rather draft a TOP QB and a potentially good RB, then draft a TOP RB and a potentially good QB. Id rather take Smith with our 2nd pick, and someone like Darren Sproles in the 3rd round. Also, do we have 2 5th pick round picks??? Here is how i like it:

1. Alex Smith (QB)
2. David Baas (C/G)
3. Darren Sproles or Eric Shelton (RB)
4. Albert Means (DT)
5. Vincent Jackson (WR) ...this is an iffy, if we get Boston back we dont need to draft a receiver. So therefore id choose Thomas Davis (FS Georgia)
7. Kelly Griffeth (TE)...the guy is 6'5 and weighs 285 pounds. HUGE!!

do you really think Means will go in the 4th? I'm thinking he'll go later that day

I also don't think McPherson will last until the 3rd round,.,,,,I think if we get KC's 2nd rounder that Adrian McPherson would be worth a shot....the speed we would have with Ronnie Brown and McPherson would be unreal...I think if you read the SI article on McPherson, you would not have any uncertaincies about his character.

I am a fan of McPherson as well. The guy can flat out play an dhas openly admitted to his mistakes. His record since that time has been squeky clean. Personally, I think his character issues are a thing of the past. I don't think he will last until the third round either. If we don't trade down and we pick up KC's second, I would go with Brown, McPherson, Wilkerson. The second day I go after Roby if he is there and then defense the rest of the way.

My mock would be: Round 1-M. Williams-WR/USC
Round 2-C. Fason-RB/Florida(surtain trade)
Round 3-A. McPherson-QB/FSU
Round 4-R. Bartell-CB/Howard(surtain's replacement)
Round 5-CJ Brooks-OG/Maryland
Round 6-M. White-FB/UCLA(Zgonia trade)
Round 7-T. Cole-OLB/Cincinnati
Let me know what you think....

Pocoloco said:
do you really think Means will go in the 4th? I'm thinking he'll go later that day

Albert Means is gigantic. He is like the size of Tim Bowens. We obviously NEED a DT who can last long...right now we only have Bowens/Chester/Carter/Romero at DT...none of them are going to last more than 5 years.

FINSTER said:
....do you think we select a different position at the second pick? Or do we......

A) still take Brown at #2, then a QB (Frye) with the acquired pick?

or

B) take Smith or Rodgers at # 2, then a back (Morency?) with the acquired pick?

I hope we get the second round pick, it'll give us more options.

I think we should be asking a 2nd and a 6th to replace the picks we wasted

I am a Chiefs fan, not a Dolphins fan, so take everything I post with a grain of salt.

If you guys are planning on getting an RB I would trade down to the teens where you could still grab one of the top three RBs. I think any of those three will be good RBs in the NFL. If you guys got the #2 for Surtain from us and then a couple more 1st day picks from whoever you trade down with you could really add some depth and fill a lot of holes on your team.

Fins05:NewHope said:
no no no we trade the 2nd round to Seattle for Alexander.....then trade down for additonal picks......
are you a seahawk fan?

i think the auburn combo of brown and campbell... or if we trade down, cadillac and campbell is very enticing.

footballer likes

fishypete said:
Trade down;

1- Merriman
1-b- Barnes or Clayton
2- Campbell
3- Arrington

i like this...merriman is a beast of a prospect, i live in VA, and the hype for this cat is amazing...i would rather have pac-man, or a. rolle with our 1b, but how can you go wrong with a name like clayton in a dolphin uni...campbell in the 2nd is good too, but i also like mcpherson....and if we can get arrington in the 3rd, that would be the steal of the draft imo...your plan seems contingent on rickys return...and it would be perfect if that scenario plays out accordingly...good post bro..

Back
Top Bottom