If We Pick At 13 Next Year, We Won't Be Able To Move To 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If We Pick At 13 Next Year, We Won't Be Able To Move To 1

erralyn

Starter
Reaction score
I've been noticing that a lot of people have said that the Rosen acquisition is basically risk free, They break down the possibility outcomes of Rosen starting next year as follows:;

1) Rosen sucks and tanks us to the overall pick
2) Rosen is great and our franchise QB quest has finally been achieved
3) Rosen is mediocre and we use our stockpiled picks to move up to get our QB.

However, I've got a big problem with #3. The assets required to move from the middle of the draft to the top pick in order to acquire a Tua-type player are obscenely huge. The extras picks that the Dolphins have stockpiled, such as the SAINTS 2nd rounder next year, are almost negligible compared to what that will take. Whoever is holding that pick next year, if they aren't in need of a QB (in which case they will take the top QB available), will demand a king's ransom for what will most likely be Tua. We're talking Ricky Williams level or beyond.

I've been noticing that a lot of people have said that the Rosen acquisition is basically risk free, They break down the possibility outcomes of Rosen starting next year as follows:;

However, I've got a big problem with #3. The assets required to move from the middle of the draft to the top pick in order to acquire a Tua-type player are obscenely huge. The extras picks that the Dolphins have stockpiled, such as the SAINTS 2nd rounder next year, are almost negligible compared to what that will take. Whoever is holding that pick next year, if they aren't in need of a QB (in which case they will take the top QB available), will demand a king's ransom for what will most likely be Tua. We're talking Ricky Williams level or beyond.

Fortunately there will likely be Tua, Fromm, Herbert, and one or more elite prospects who emerge during the college football season.

If you need a franchise QB, you may not need to get to number 1 to get your guy.

OMG!!!... the sky is falling lol... what if we go undefeated?... what if we suck and get the first pick and we draft him and he sucks...

I guess we should draft the best player available if that happens....

OMG!!!... the sky is falling lol... what if we go undefeated?... what if we suck and get the first pick and we draft him and he sucks...

I guess we should draft the best player available if that happens....

No. The sky is not failing. The sky cannot fall from where it is currently. I hate that ****ing expression when it is used with the Dolphins. We have been mediocre for going on 2 decades and haven't won the Super Bowl since Ninteen Seventy ****ing Three. I can guarantee no pessimistic Dolphin fan in 2019 believes the sky is falling. It would have to return to the upper atmosphere in order to fall.

****ing hell. Sky is falling.

There's going to be potentially a lot of qbs availble next year.

Jordan Love, Tua, Justin Herbert, Jake Fromm and you never know about some under the radar picks. All top 10 quality.

If Rosen blows we pick high in the draft and we secure it, if he's mediocre we will still probably pick high in the draft and get our guy, if he plays lights out (litterally .00021% of this happening LOL) then we use all those picks to build a team.

Miami played this absolutely perfectly.

LOL! mediocre QBing wont get the Fins in the 8 wins range, not even close... If Rosen starts all the games and Fins win more than 6, it'll mean they probably dont need a QB...

LOL! mediocre QBing wont get the Fins in the 8 wins range, not even close... If Rosen starts all the games and Fins win more than 6, it'll mean they probably dont need a QB...

This is pretty much how I feel too. Looking at this roster, and looking at our schedule, if Miami wins enough games to put us out a spot for a QB, then QB isn’t our issue

*IF* Tua is available by trade, the deciding factor will be the best offer by competing teams. If Tua is available at the #1 pick and Miami picks #3, it still comes down to the most desperate team - not how far they have to climb.

This is pretty much how I feel too. Looking at this roster, and looking at our schedule, if Miami wins enough games to put us out a spot for a QB, then QB isn’t our issue
Exactly, at this point, when you look at the roster, what you see is what you get for the 2019 Dolphins. And there are alot of issues... One of the worst D units in the NFL got even worse, their best pass rusher is Harris, they have no one good at covering except for Minkah and Howard. On the offense, they have one good OL and a bunch of backups, no better than mediocre TEs and their 2 best WRs are coming off serious injuries...

I'm not in love with the Rosen trade. But do understand why Grier, Flores and O'Shea made it. Both Miami and New England did their due diligence and homework on him and felt comfortable with him during the draft process in 2018. Apparently it was enough, that if, Rosen fell to Miami they may have picked him? My issue isn't with Rosen as a player, it's his attitude. But the bigger issue for me was the trade itself. After hearing for months about tanking and the QB's in 2020 and 2021, Miami was gearing up to be in a position of strength to potentially be in the top 3 picks of 2020. With eyes on the very solid and above average group of potential top 5 QB's. Perhaps #1? Trading for Rosen and losing out on a player in round 2 of 2019, ln a very deep draft, with Eric McCoy there for the taking truly pissed me off. Imagine having McCoy at Center and Deiter at LG? Miami screwed themselves for a 2nd round pick in 2020 and a QB who already has question marks.

Getting to #1 has only ever been the be all and end all amongst certain types of fans. If Rosen isn't the answer but we can't get to the #1 pick (and don't forget we can always use 2021 picks as well) then we look at Herbert or Fromm. The plan as it is has some validity becuae of the QB class next year, rather than being only Tua and a buch of secound round guys.

As far as I’m concerned it’s tua or bust. I don’t think it’s even in the same ball park any other option.

So either rosen shows he’s the goods or we have to suck so bad we can get tua.

The Miami’s Dolphins are going to build their team the way they should, by acquiring as many draft picks as possible and using those draft picks to insure they found themselves QB stability.

This notion that winning a Super Bowl only happens by swinging for the fences for a top pick is wrong.

QB salary has as much to do with winning as QB production. The Patriots won their last title as much because of the salary break TB gave them as they did because of his pedestrian production.

Rosen’s contract is as good as you could hope for, for 4 years.

It will be awhile before anyone says thebDolphins QB position is locked down. Until then, find as many as you can.

I have a hunch it may not be so clearcut...suppose Rosen has a pretty good, but not breakout year. Then we're back in Tanne-hell.

No. The sky is not failing. The sky cannot fall from where it is currently. I hate that ****ing expression when it is used with the Dolphins. We have been mediocre for going on 2 decades and haven't won the Super Bowl since Ninteen Seventy ****ing Three. I can guarantee no pessimistic Dolphin fan in 2019 believes the sky is falling. It would have to return to the upper atmosphere in order to fall.

****ing hell. Sky is falling.

UUUHM... it was sensationalized sarcasm... I was just trying to go with the theme of the post lol...

step away from the ledge and trust the staff to know what they are doing... we can't control the outcome of any of this... and regardless of the outcome we will play the hand that is dealt knowing we stored resources to put us in position to do something..... OR NOT...

maybe Rosen becomes the man.... making our resources for next year more valuable in terms of rebuilding and adding potential talent

Back
Top Bottom