If We Pick At 13 Next Year, We Won't Be Able To Move To 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If We Pick At 13 Next Year, We Won't Be Able To Move To 1

As far as I’m concerned it’s tua or bust. I don’t think it’s even in the same ball park any other option.

So either rosen shows he’s the goods or we have to suck so bad we can get tua.
Why are you so high on Tua?

Have you done the deep dive on Herbert and Fromm?

Are you 100% certain no Kyler Murray (or Murrays) will emerge during the 2019 college season to become the highest rated prospect(s)?

If so, why are you certain?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Why are you so high on Tua?

Have you done the deep dive on Herbert and Fromm?

Are you 100% certain no Kyler Murray (or Murrays) will emerge during the 2019 college season to become the highest rated prospect(s)?

If so, why are you certain?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D

I think during the draft evaluation end of season process assuming he comes out that the universal takes on tua will be he’s the best/highest rated college qb prospect since luck.

You can quote me on that and hold me to it.

Herbert has to show he’s got it between the ears. That more than anything is my concern. Will he? Maybe. But there’s some tannehill potential there in terms of that. Which now I’ve got my eyebrows up on. Physical tools elite level. Ball comes out of his hand and explodes. But what’s he got between the ears?

At any rate it is cool that I can watch rosen and I can also watch as much qb and college talent play in 2019 as possible considering how many picks we have in the 2020 class.

I hope there’s high level talents to be had outside of qb. Saturday’s and Sunday’s are gonna be must see this year for Miami fans.

This is pretty much how I feel too. Looking at this roster, and looking at our schedule, if Miami wins enough games to put us out a spot for a QB, then QB isn’t our issue

Exactly. As it stands we're full of holes and need upgrades all across the board. If we're out of the Top 10 next season it was because of Rosen.

The roster is weaker than last year.
The schedule seems tougher than 2018
Miami's 2018 net points were 3rd worst
The FO seems to want to pick high
Ex-Pat coaches rarely bring success
They signed a player named Tank....

Fins almost certainly nab a top 8 pick
I'm going to guess between #2 and #4

Last edited:
I think during the draft evaluation end of season process assuming he comes out that the universal takes on tua will be he’s the best/highest rated college qb prospect since luck.

You can quote me on that and hold me to it.

Herbert has to show he’s got it between the ears. That more than anything is my concern. Will he? Maybe. But there’s some tannehill potential there in terms of that. Which now I’ve got my eyebrows up on. Physical tools elite level. Ball comes out of his hand and explodes. But what’s he got between the ears?

At any rate it is cool that I can watch rosen and I can also watch as much qb and college talent play in 2019 as possible considering how many picks we have in the 2020 class.

I hope there’s high level talents to be had outside of qb. Saturday’s and Sunday’s are gonna be must see this year for Miami fans.
Might Lawrence in 2021 be a better prospect than Tua in 2020?

Might Lawrence in 2021 be a better prospect than Tua in 2020?

I think it’s luck tua and Lawrence

All 3 universal nfl grades as elite talent and best 3. I just wasn’t including Lawrence cause he’s not eligible in 2020

Murray’s good too but he’s not for everyone and as such won’t carry the same universal grade

I think it’s luck tua and Lawrence

All 3 universal nfl grades as elite talent and best 3.

Murray’s good too but he’s not for everyone and as such won’t carry the same universal grade
I wasn't high on Murray. But he is exciting.

I don't know enough about Herbert or Fromm to weigh in.

Someone off the current radar who is elite will emerge (maybe more than one).

I think I like Lawrence as a prospect better than Tua (based on the little I've seen).

I've been noticing that a lot of people have said that the Rosen acquisition is basically risk free, They break down the possibility outcomes of Rosen starting next year as follows:;

1) Rosen sucks and tanks us to the overall pick
2) Rosen is great and our franchise QB quest has finally been achieved
3) Rosen is mediocre and we use our stockpiled picks to move up to get our QB.

However, I've got a big problem with #3. The assets required to move from the middle of the draft to the top pick in order to acquire a Tua-type player are obscenely huge. The extras picks that the Dolphins have stockpiled, such as the SAINTS 2nd rounder next year, are almost negligible compared to what that will take. Whoever is holding that pick next year, if they aren't in need of a QB (in which case they will take the top QB available), will demand a king's ransom for what will most likely be Tua. We're talking Ricky Williams level or beyond.
That's why we're rolling into 2021 for Lawrence. We're not taking a QB next year. Save this post...

I wasn't high on Murray. But he is exciting.

I don't know enough about Herbert or Fromm to weigh in.

Someone off the current radar who is elite will emerge (maybe more than one).

I think I like Lawrence as a prospect better than Tua (based on the little I've seen).
Hands down on Lawrence over Tua. Lawrence will be revered as highly, if not more so than Andrew Luck was. Mark my words. He has Luck's intelligence and is a more gifted athlete.

Hands down on Lawrence over Tua. Lawrence will be revered as highly, if not more so than Andrew Luck was. Mark my words. He has Luck's intelligence and is a more gifted athlete.
I trust Hoops, and he's much higher on Tua than I think I am, lol.

I've been noticing that a lot of people have said that the Rosen acquisition is basically risk free, They break down the possibility outcomes of Rosen starting next year as follows:;

1) Rosen sucks and tanks us to the overall pick
2) Rosen is great and our franchise QB quest has finally been achieved
3) Rosen is mediocre and we use our stockpiled picks to move up to get our QB.

However, I've got a big problem with #3. The assets required to move from the middle of the draft to the top pick in order to acquire a Tua-type player are obscenely huge. The extras picks that the Dolphins have stockpiled, such as the SAINTS 2nd rounder next year, are almost negligible compared to what that will take. Whoever is holding that pick next year, if they aren't in need of a QB (in which case they will take the top QB available), will demand a king's ransom for what will most likely be Tua. We're talking Ricky Williams level or beyond.

The hidden beauty of picking up Rosen is that it gives us the opportunity to Suck for Trevor while evaluating Rosen.

I’m gonna agree that Lawrence over tua is very possible but regardless these are the highest rated nfl prospect QBs universally since luck.

That I have zero doubts on. Get one of them. I doubt Grier can wait til 2021 though unless Ross gives him a pass with tua not coming out or something.

Lawrence play for a true freshman is nothing short of stupid. Crazy good. That bama national champ game tape alone silly

The hidden beauty of picking up Rosen is that it gives us the opportunity to Suck for Trevor while evaluating Rosen.
It takes all the pressure off of having to draft a QB next year. Remember this isn't a one year fix here. We're trying to build a dynasty as the Pats have enjoyed and you won't do that in a year or even two. You might get yourself competitive in 2 years but you won't sustain it unless you do it the right way through the draft. Who knows that better than us? This is a long term play now, things have changed.

I agree with the OP, @erralyn those are all very real possibilities and each with its own downside.

I might add a fourth possibility, that Rosen is just promising enough to get us to invest in him, never quite get over the hump and never galvanize the team, and we miss the 2020 QB draft and 2021 QB draft and don't realize until too late that he simply isn't the answer. If this is the case, we may indeed do poorly and get high picks … then not draft a QB. Or, we may win 9 or 10 games, but always be around the edge of the wildcard spot with no real chance to win playoff games. Call that mediocre if you want, but it may be the most dangerous option of all, because it lasts longer.

Unless Rosen changes his approach and mindset, becomes a team-first guy and a hard worker, he will undermine what the coaches are trying to build with all these new young players. That is the real cost we have to consider. How Rosen reacts to this trade is paramount. He got mad when he was passed over in the draft last year … but he didn't change. Now he needs to change.

I’m gonna agree that Lawrence over tua is very possible but regardless these are the highest rated nfl prospect QBs universally since luck.

That I have zero doubts on. Get one of them. I doubt Grier can wait til 2021 though unless Ross gives him a pass with tua not coming out or something.

Lawrence play for a true freshman is nothing short of stupid. Crazy good. That bama national champ game tape alone silly
I think Ross has finally realized it's going to take a few years to fix this trainwreck and put us into the position where we're once again considered a top NFL franchise. That's why the 5-year contract for Flores. As long as the fans don't revolt and accept what we're doing, it will work. Not gonna happen overnight, we didn't wreck it in only one season so we're not gonna properly fix it in one.

Back
Top Bottom