If We Pick At 13 Next Year, We Won't Be Able To Move To 1 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If We Pick At 13 Next Year, We Won't Be Able To Move To 1

I agree but I think the clock is ticking on Grier. And there’s no guarantee Lawrence even comes out in 2021.

So if I’m Ross I’m gonna put a lot of pressure on next year. Who is the qb you ride or die with Grier? Rosen or 2020 draft pick qb.

I’m not gonna let him just keep moving the needle to avoid or delay accountability
We won't know the answer to that until after next year. With Reggie McKenzie in the fold, I think you will see some smart decisions finally being made by this organization. Give him credit, Grier was clever enough to grab him and he did it for a reason.

On another note am I tbe only one who thinks Grier drafts largely to avoid accountability? Sure feels like it to me.

Safe and steady
This is the first draft he is truly accountable for. Too many cooks in the past few years to point a finger at any one of them. This is the reason the restructuring of the FO was so necessary. We'll know for sure now, no more hiding behind each other. I like what I've seen so far, no complaints

Good post. That's always been the downside of waiting until 2020 to grab a quarterback.

Obviously, I hope Rosen plays well and that the team has finally found their franchise quarterback. There is another option, though, and that's the toughest one. Looking at Miami's talent on offense, will the team be able to know if Rosen is the answer after this season?

Assuming Tua, Herbert, Fromm and Love all come out there should be talent there for the Dolphins and enough draft capital to get one of those quarterbacks. Moving up to #1 overall may not be possible if Tua continues to play as well as he has early in his career. The team owning that pick, likely a qb needy team, may not deal that pick.

Fortunately there will likely be Tua, Fromm, Herbert, and one or more elite prospects who emerge during the college football season.

If you need a franchise QB, you may not need to get to number 1 to get your guy.
Next year's draft could be loaded at QB. Those three then there is also Love. Another guy who is not mentioned as much but will skyrocket up boards if he has a big season is Eason. He was the number one QB recruit in 16 and started as a true freshman. He lost the job cause he got hurt. As fast as pure arm talent he has more then Tau or Fromm.

Nothing is guaranteed. If Miami somehow wins enough games to finish outside the top 10 picks, it's going to be almost impossible to trade up to #1, without mortgaging much of the 2021 draft capital, as well as 2020. Miami "MAY" have enough within the 2020 draft haul to trade up into the top 5 to select one of Fromm, Hebert or Love. I understand the need to lose to secure a top 3 pick. We won't know until the season ends. As of now even with Rosen, I don't think Miami is more than 2-3 win team.

I find this discussion amusing and indicative of the problem that the Dolphins have had over the last couple of decades.

How about we tailor the team around the players we have instead of vice versa. Again like Shula used to do in the past.

In the case ROSEN you do realize he was considered by many scouts to be the best pure passer in the draft last year. Combined with the kid is not by anyones account stupid means that unless his personality is Jay Cutler like and cannot be corrected you might just have something to work with for the next decade.

FURTHERMORE AGAIN, he (ROSEN) got a nasty taste of what the NFL can do to you last year, any illusions he had that he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and he can do it alone are long gone. You cannot pay for that kind of education, you cannot draft a QB and have him go through it with your team (not the in this era of instant gratification), fan base clamors for a replacement.

Let see what we have and how this team will be built and coached. It will show by game 8 if we are on the right track (not only by win/loss but by direction).

If you guys clamor for the HOPE of the next MARINO in next years draft even if it shows we have something in ROSEN, then you deserve to be mediocre for the next 20years as well.

God do I miss the days of Shula.....

Back
Top Bottom