If we sign Smith.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we sign Smith....

miami_mi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just looking ahead to next season, what RB's are coming out? I have a feeling if we dont' trade the number 2 to the bucs, we will end up with Smith, which isn't so bad. But, we wouldn't have another pic till the 3rd round. The way I see it, this is going to be a 3 year plan, so we get a QB this year, and draft a franchise RB next year. PLEASE Gruden, do the 3 for 1 swap. If we can get a 2nd and 3rd round pic, including their number 1, wow...can you say...jimmy johnson cowboy draft all over again :)

I don't necessarily believe that Miami will have to wait till next year. This year, Vernand Morency or Ciatrick Fason would fill the role of starting running back.

to answer your question though, the top running backs for next year are:

Reggie Bush, USC
Lawrence Mauroney, Minnesota
Gerald Riggs Jr, Tennessee
DeAngelo Williams, Memphis
Wali Lundy, Virginia
Mike Bush, Louisville

KB21 said:
I don't necessarily believe that Miami will have to wait till next year. This year, Vernand Morency or Ciatrick Fason would fill the role of starting running back.

to answer your question though, the top running backs for next year are:

Reggie Bush, USC
Lawrence Mauroney, Minnesota
Gerald Riggs Jr, Tennessee
DeAngelo Williams, Memphis
Wali Lundy, Virginia
Mike Bush, Louisville

Arrington is as good a back is there is in this draft....especially after I watched him run against USC last night.

gerald riggs jr., there's a name from the past, hopefully he's as good as his daddy. I agree about Arrington though, I do think he will be taken in the second round. I've watched him play a lot, cuz i'm from the bay area. I haven't seen Ciatrick play, but I have heard good things about him. He's tall, but not that heavy?

What about the kid from Lousiville, and TA Mcclendon.

TA Mclendon has the abilities to be a stud, powerful back... He'll run over you and surprises people with his hands, but he has trouble staying on the field due to injuries... I loved him, but injuries scare me... Give me a guy with 'B+' potential, but with a healthy history and a strong work ethic over a guy with top potential, but has injury or off the field issues.

If we get the fifth, we'd still have a shot at Benson or Cadillac, oh please Gruden trade up......

Arrington is very overrated, IMO. He benefited more from the passing game on his team than any other runner in the draft.

He ran for 1,800 yards with Aaron Rodgers as his quarterback.

Benson ran for 1,800 yards with Vince Young as his quarterback.

There's a major difference.

It's all a crapshoot when it comes to "sure things" in the draft. Let's hope whoever we pick at RB, can do better than the one's we had last year. Anything is an improvement. But, I still do believe that Arrington can equal the production as any of the top 3 backs in this years draft.

Back
Top Bottom