If we trade down i think we can have our cake and eat it too | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we trade down i think we can have our cake and eat it too

I hate the Idea of trading down!! I know that we need picks and all that. I completely understand that, I just dont think we can pass up on the chance to get a franchise QB. Smith is going to be a great QB, I dont see how we could give him up for a couple 2nd rounders. We also have to wait and see what happens with Pat. We may well get a 2nd for him from somebody then we woudnt have to trade down to get a 2nd. I just think we can find a good RB in any draft, but I think Smith is going to be something special.

Shamboubou said:
I hate the Idea of trading down!! I know that we need picks and all that. I completely understand that, I just dont think we can pass up on the chance to get a franchise QB. Smith is going to be a great QB, I dont see how we could give him up for a couple 2nd rounders. We also have to wait and see what happens with Pat. We may well get a 2nd for him from somebody then we woudnt have to trade down to get a 2nd. I just think we can find a good RB in any draft, but I think Smith is going to be something special.
:lol:

This is coming from the guy who was on Kyle Orton's nuts all last year? I dunno man.... you dont seem to be a good evaluator of QBs.... no offense.

I really think Tampa Bay wants Mike Williams. They have had 3 workouts with him now. An open one and two private ones, and word is from the insiders here is that they love this guy. I think they can stay where they are and get him. I think all the QB talk is a smokescreen. Is this the most awful year to have the 2nd overall pick or what?

Phintasy said:
Here's some speculation...We trade to 5 with Tampa, pick up their second and a third next year, and they take Edwards. (Face it...Gruden loves his WR's) Cleveland in shock takes Rodgers or Smith (whichever the 9ers take), Chicago with the loss of Edwards takes D. Johnson, and that leaves all the RB's on the board with M. Williams sitll out there. Minnesota comes calling with concern that the Titans are going to take Williams, and trades us their #1 and #3 this year and a #3 next year to trade down to 7. Minnesota drafts Williams and the Titans take Troy Williamson leaving all the RB's and Rolle still on the board. Arizona wants Rolle or a RB, but the Skins and Detroit want Rolle with Jones and Rogers as back ups. Detroit knows we want a RB and they want Rolle, so they package their 10th with a 3rd and 4th to jump ahead of Arizona and take Rolle. Arizona takes R. Brown and then Washington takes Pac-man Jones. And there we are at 10 with Benson and Caddy still on the board with a slew of picks. We take Benson at the 10th, and then Dallas takes Merriman, the Chargers take Cody, and then Houston take Barron, and Carolina takes Rogers right before KC picks. Now KC is stuck with no proven CB's left and that forces the trade for Surtain. and we get their 2nd and 3rd rounders for Pat.

Woo woo...yeahhh baby. lol. Someone pinch me and wake me up.

DUDE!! Wake up!!

Sorry man... You were dreaming there!

Hey, ya got a little drool on the side of your mouth there buddy.

Now ya got it!

Anyway... It's gonna be awful hard to get a team to trade down with us even once, much less 17 times (or so it felt) so let's just stay calm here. In a perfect world we somehow get Brown and Mark Clayton. That would be a draft for the ages. But as long as we at least get Brown or Edwards at #2 then I'll be cool. We just have to wait and see who's gonna blink first.

Trust me, it won't be Saban.

Back
Top Bottom